Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Unreported Death of Cezanne   General: Horse-related

Started Sep-18 by cigarello; 190 views.
cigarello

Sep-18

https://pastthewire.com/the-mysterious-fate-of-3-6-million-dollar-horse-cezanne/

To say I was shocked to read Cezanne has passed away is an understatement. According to this article Cezanne was in the Pletcher barn, received some kind of shot and developed an infection and died.  The author states what if this happened in the Baffert barn? it would have been a blazing headline. Instead,  the poor horse's death has not even been mentioned. RIP beautiful boy- you deserved so much better. Once again humans let these wonderful animals down.

gerchgo

Sep-18

But how did this guy found out? Maybe putting this out there will give us some answers?

cigarello

Sep-18

He doesn't say how he found out but apparently he knows Cezanne died. It is just sad.

It would be nice to get more information but I am not expecting much info about this.

gerchgo

Sep-18

I think one of the investigative reporters will delve into it, but won’t print until they get confirmation.

cigarello

Sep-18

Cezanne - Horse (horseracingnation.com)

I am posting a thread for Cezanne from Horse racing Nation. He is listed as deceased. There are lots of comments about how the horse died-- as you point out, we do not have confirmation from a reliable source as to exactly how his death occurred.

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Sep-19

OMG, he is correct if he was in the Baffert barn, we would have heard about the day it happened. I bet it isn’t in the injury/death data base because he was probably shipped to a vet clinic and died there. That way no record. What a shame to loose this magnificent horse, he could have been a really nice stallion with his pedigree.

I wish Ray Paulick would investigate this.

cigarello

Sep-19

It is so sad that this grand beautiful horse is now gone, but we will probably never know the true circumstances surrounding his untimely death. Like you, I wish Paulick would do some sleuthing. Can you imagine if this horse died while under the care of Baffert? OMG a national headline for sure!

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Sep-19

The comments on Horse Racing Nation say his exercise rider confirmed that he developed laminitis after a joint injection to a fetlock. 
We both know that if he was in Baffert’s care at the time he would be on the cover of every magazine as a horse killer.

More horses have died under Pletcher’s care than Bob’s.