MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

OCTOBER $5 WINNER IS.....................   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Oct-1 by NWFLAFOB; 412 views.
NWFLAFOB

Oct-1

Good morning.  Prayers continue for all who were in the path of Hurricane Ian whether in Florida, the Carolinas,

Virginia, Pennsylvania or elsewhere.  Recovery in southwest Florida is going to take a very, very long time.

Our October rescue group is Phoenix Rising Rescue.  I've included a photo of two recent rescues.  They don't have 

PayPal but, you can easily use a credit card at their website and there is a place to note it's a FOB DONATION.

Here is link to their website for the DONATE button    www.phoenixrisingrescue.com      If you prefer snail mail, 

here is their mailing address:  706 Crooked Oak Drive, Pensacola, FL 32514.   Please let me know when you've

seen and sent.

As always, thank y'all for being a vital part of Barbaro's Legacy.

hatchery1

Oct-4

Hello,

I made my $25 donation to Phoenix Rising by credit card.  

It's very upsetting to see the devastation in Fort Myers, Sanibel and the surrounding area. I've vacationed there several times, and it's hard to believe that everything is gone from that beautiful area.  We got a tornado from Ian in Delray Beach, a couple of miles from us, and that was very scary. It hit a senior complex. I was up half the night because we kept getting tornado warnings on our phones and TV, but we got lucky and didn't have damage.  That hurricane was huge, the size of Florida, so it seems like so many people were affect, up and down the coast. Glad you're OK, and I hope there are no more hurricanes coming!

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way... 

NWFLAFOB

Oct-6

Tricia, thank you!

I absolutely hate tornadoes and they usually do accompany hurricanes so it's a double whammy.   It will take those folks in south Florida a long time to clean up.  There was a town in Alabama (and other states as well) that was wiped out by a tornado.  Fultondale, maybe?  I was thinking the mayors in south Florida whose towns were torn apart should talk to the mayors of tornado destroyed towns for a pep talk.  It is truly a daunting task.

hatchery1

Oct-9

I've been through several hurricanes up in Rhode Island, but never were there any tornadoes with them.  I'm praying for everyone going through this tragedy.

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

In reply toRe: msg 4
NWFLAFOB

Oct-11

One of our email members has corrected my info.  Seems Phoenix Rising does indeed offer PayPal.  Here is the info she provided me after reaching out to the rescue for some information:

There is a donate link on our website at www.phoenixrisingrescue.com 
We also have PayPal: thefabulousprr@gmail.com 
And our Venmo is: @Phoenix-Rising-Rescue 
cigarello

Oct-11

Hi Linda: just donated thru my credit card

Unfortunately we will not be wintering in Fort Myers This year.  There is quite a bit of damage to the buildings where our condo is located. All the first floor units are destroyed. Fortunately our unit is on the second floor without a lot of damage. We are concerned about mold however, and at this point I Don't know if those first floor units are emptied out and if work is being done to treat mold. I feel so badly for people whose homes and lives have been upended. What a horrible catastrophe.

Take care

NWFLAFOB

Oct-12

Thank you, Marilyn.  Ft Myers truly took the worst of Ian when it came into Florida.  So sorry to hear about your condo building.  The mold will definitely be a concern going forward.  The widespread total destruction is absolutely catastrophic.  Prayers for all the folks dealing with the aftermath - both from human and property loss.

amycapshaw

Oct-16

Well, I'm running a bit late this month but at least I remembered!

Just sent my donation through PayPal to Phoenix Rising. I'm glad we are helping out a rescue in Florida this month.

As always, thank you!

Amy

NWFLAFOB

Oct-16

Thank you, Amy!

DJoAnn

Oct-17

Sending donation to Phoenix Rising!!!!   Thank you for doing this!

jodie