MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NOVEMBER $5 WINNER IS........this time in correct forum!!!   Dogs and Cats and ...

Started Nov-15 by NWFLAFOB; 526 views.
NWFLAFOB

Nov-15

Well, PattyTX1 just pointed out I posted this in the General Horse related forum!!!  My apologies and thanks to Patty for calling that boo boo to my attention!!!!

Happy November.  This month's rescue group is Tabby's Place - a kitty cat rescue (as if that needed explaining!).  If you donate by credit card or PayPal, go to their website (also go there just to see what all they do even if you mail your donation!) www.tabbysplace.org .  Easy peasy, I just donated and it provided a comment box where I could annotate FOB DONATION.   If you wanna mail your donation, their address is Tabby's Place, 1100 US Hwy 202, Ringoes, NJ  08551
I received very nice responses when I notified this group of our donations.  Here is one of them: (and the Director of Development also responded with her gratitude.)  The rescue world truly is a generous place and we are blessed to be part of that world for these efforts because of Barbaro.  Thank you all. Please let me know when you've sent your donation.  (sorry for the small print below - I copied from my facebook messages!)
Good Morning Linda, thank you for your amazing generosity! I will share your message with Angela Townsend, who is our Director of Development, who will be in touch. Do you have an email address? Thank you and your rescue group! I have been a volunteer at Taby's Place, and it never ceases to amaze me of the generosity and kindness of the rescue world. I hope that you and your members are able to visit Tabby's Place. We recently had a Grand Opening for "Quinn's Corner," a one-of-a-kind safe haven for cats with the feline leukemia virus, who are typically euthanized upon diagnosis. We offer complimentary guided tours from Noon until 4pm, 7 days a week Have a wonderful day! Ilene K. - Volunteer
hatchery1

Nov-18

Oh, my goodness!  I didn't see that you had posted this in the General Horse forum.  I thought you just hadn't gotten around to posting it yet.

I made my donation to Tabby Place. I get mail from them and I wonder if we donated to them before. They're great.  I agree that the rescue world is very, very generous and donating in loving memory of our Barbaro is always a pleasure!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I'm eating out this year because of my broken leg.  I'm going to make a pumpkin pie, but that's about all I can handle.

Tricia K.

Barbaro will lead the way...

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Nov-24

If you ever put a thread in the wrong forum just contact me and I can move it to the correct one.

Happy Thanksgiving!

NWFLAFOB

Nov-28

Yikes, Tricia, hope you're doing okay with that broken leg.  As many times as I get knocked around by the big dogs or manage to trip and fall on my own, broken bones are always in the back of my mind.  Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!   Thank you for donating to Tabby's Place, too.

NWFLAFOB

Nov-28

Thanks, Amy.   Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

NWFLAFOB

Dec-1

Amy, is the site experiencing problems?  I'm trying to post December rescue info and am not getting format for a new post when I select "new topic".

Amy (1pony)
Staff

Dec-1

Try is again, I just did a test post and it worked.

NWFLAFOB

Dec-1

Thanks, Amy, I just did and it went through perfectly!

Reckon it was operator error when I tried earlier!

amycapshaw

Dec-28

Ack! I am so sorry that I completely forgot to donate for both November AND December. I just sent my donation to Tabby's  Place. So sorry I completely spaced out. But better late than never, right?!

Amy

NWFLAFOB

Dec-28

No worries!  I always say it's never too late.  We have a member - a non-FOB I notify via facebook PM - who usually groups several months' rescues and sends out a batch of checks at same time.  So, it's all good!!