Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Prayers for Windchill   Prayer and Vigil Requests

Started by SashaLo; 10721 views.
SashaLo

2/13/08

I found this story in the Duluth News Tribune about a 9 month old colt suffering from neglect and frostbite. He's still alive, but his prognosis is grim as he is unable to stand.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/articles/index.cfm?id=60192

Please say a prayer/light a candle for this little guy

• Edited 2/13/2008 5:31 pm ET by SashaLo
janen06

2/13/08

Oh my, how horrific. Prayers stat for this baby.

2/13/08

They have a number on their article you can call to help; do we have any RNs or MDs in the house who know something about restoring circulation to frostbitten areas?  I only know birds, so I'm afriad the amount I can contribute here is positively zilch :(
  • Edited 2/13/2008 6:14 pm ET by Picidae19
kckellsbells

2/13/08

Poor baby.  Bless Mr. Tucker for taking him in.  No wonder I live with only my furkids.  Some days, I am embarrassed to call myself "human".
pschmid1012

2/13/08

OMG ! They're NOT SURE if charges will be filed?  IMO, all they would have to do is to look @ this innocent, blessed creature, if they need to make up their minds!  No food, no water, no shelter & there were people supposedly taking care of him??? IMO, there is a whole lot here that doesn't make any sense! My prayers are being sent to Windchill for whatever is best for him. Bless his little body & soul. AND Bless Mr. Tucker!!!
  • Edited 2/13/2008 8:16 pm ET by pschmid1012
NancyM100

2/13/08

This is sad ! A one percent chance? Please keep us updated if you find anything out.

Nancy

MaryLOhio

2/13/08

I like the Photo they showed:

forestandcod

2/13/08

At least he's warm and loved now.

Ellen

In reply toRe: msg 1

2/13/08

This is just horrible.............I hate all of these uncaring so called "humans" living in this world just to let the animals suffer.   May God have mercy on their souls because I don't and never will!   I will keep precious little Winchill in prayer that our Father will help him to survive against such negative odds.....this is just so sad.  DAMN IT!
In reply toRe: msg 9
JeanneLynn

2/14/08

This poor little baby! :(  I hope he can recover and have the good life he deserves with a loving and kind owner.