Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

URGENT:Billy-Feedlot baby needs help!   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by UAWRHorses; 277 views.
UAWRHorses

5/31/07

Many of you remember Billy the Kid who was rescued from the Feedlot in Nevada by all of your generous donations and Shiloh Horse Rescue in Nevada. We had also sent out a plea for help when Billy had an upper respiratory infection and needed some extra medications and supplements, several of you stepped up to the plate to help Billy get a good start in life. Thank you again to all those who helped out!  He has had his difficulties but over the past few weeks we have mainly had good days and things seemed to be progressing along great he was much perkier, his eyes were clear and alert and he just seemed so happy.  However, today Billy is in desperate need of everyone’s help again he needs to see a vet ASAP. He has what is called “choke” where he has food lodged in his throat. Either he ate to fast or swallowed the food wrong and somehow it has become lodged in his throat. Per our vets advice we have tried several different types of drug therapies but they are not working. The next step for him is to be taken to the vet hospital and put him under sedation and attempt to dislodge the food. He has not been able to dislodge the food on his own so we are in need of taking him to the vet ASAP in order to help him but we have exhausted all of our funds for vet care at this time.

I would be more then happy to provide our vet’s information to anyone who can help so they can call him directly to make a donation for Billy via credit card if they feel more comfortable with that or we can take donations via paypal at Courtney@uawr.com . I am asking no actually BEEEGGGGGIIIINNNGGG everyone to just chip in $10.00 if we can get 60 people to chip in that much to him we can get him taken care of and back on the road to recovery where he was at before this horrible incidence. I am just estimating around $500-$600 for the vet care since I don’t really know for sure. I do know there would be an emergency fee, they would need to heavily sedate him and pass a tube down his throat and work at dislodging the feed in there. Then he would have to be placed on antibiotics for several weeks since pneumonia is very common side effect of this type of problem. He would then have to essentially eat soup for several weeks to months afterwards in order to allow things to slide down easily and not cause any pain to his throat. So, I am estimating around $500-$600 but hoping we can get out of there for less then that.  

He is such a sweet boy and deserves for all of us to fight for him. This is killing me we seem to have hit yet another wall with this poor guy but he really wants to live and continues to fight so please help me to help him fight for his life!!!

You are more then welcome to call me at 951-318-2275 or email me at Courtney@uawr.com anytime.

THANK YOU in advance for all of your help!

Courtney Hobson

Under the Angel’s Wings Rescue

Courtney,

Will the vet do the surgery and let you pay him afterwords?  It sounds like Billy needs it NOW!

I am sending off $20 towards his surgery now ...

Dawn

Edited 5/31/2007 6:19 am ET by Willie's Mom (Dawn_MI)
  • Edited 5/31/2007 6:20 am ET by Willie's Mom (Dawn_MI)

5/31/07

BUMP THIS ONE FOR BILLY...

COURTNEY WORKS TIRELESSLY FOR ALL HER RESCUES.

Courtney, Sending $20 directly to vet. I responded on your other board.

I also asked same question on vet taking him NOW

Thanks

Msg 4 of 23 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 3
mjwilson4978

5/31/07

BUMP FOR BILLY!
midknight1

5/31/07

I just sent $20 + PP fees to help this baby.  Please keep us posted.

Jen

5/31/07

Is there an address I can mail a check? Please....

I'd like to send $50.00.

Crystal in CA

Msg 7 of 23 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 6
LindaNV

5/31/07

Sending $50 + PayPal fees to help Billy. 

In reply toRe: msg 6

5/31/07

Here's a photo of Billy when when he arrived at Under The Angels Wings from the feedlot.  He's a little cutie.  Poor little guy has had quite a rough start!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket 

• Edited 5/31/2007 12:39 pm by equineangel
Msg 9 of 23 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 8

5/31/07

~~~ BUMP FOR BILLY ~~~

5/31/07

I do not have a paypal account, but if you will send your vet's phone number to my e-mail address - I will call right away and donate $20, by debit card, to help to pay for Billy's treatment. 

Friesians2@casinternet.net

Thanks.

Prayers for Billy, please.

Bonnie