POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

CANTER-OH: Stormy Brew Update   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by lauraOSU1; 125 views.
lauraOSU1

6/12/07

Hi all -

In April the FOBs helped CANTER-OH retire Stormy Brew from Beulah Park.  This veteran, 8-year old needed to come off the track and thanks to the FOBs, CANTER had the money buy him (~$400).  At the time we acquired him we were told that he had "a little arthritis" in his ankles.  The farrier was having such a hard time working on his front left foot that we went ahead and had x-rays made on Friday.  Turns out, "a little arthritis" is actually major chips in the fetlock.  He's a great candidate for surgery and we think that he'll do just great once he recovers -- I'll keep you posted.

So here are some recent pictures of this big, mint-loving sweetheart.  Doesn't he look great?  He's loving his retirement.  Thanks again FOBs, he absolutely needed to get off the track and into the proper retirement that he worked so hard for.

Laura

6/12/07

He's so handsome!
gal1231

6/12/07

Hi Laura-he is so beautiful. It was a pleasue to help him out after Alladin Queen fell through. Have you heard any news about her? I hope this guy will be OK.Thanks for the update.  A big thanks to CANTER for taking him off the track! Amanda
midknight1

6/12/07

Thank you so much for the update Laura.  Please keep us posted on this boy and let us know how the surgery goes.  So glad he is off the track and will find a good home.

Jen

In reply toRe: msg 4
lauraOSU1

6/12/07

I just think that Stormy is a perfect example of getting a horse off-track before it's too late.  And CANTER-OH has the FOBs to thank.  I'll continue to keep you posted.

Amanda, I'm almost certain that we'll never know what happened to Alladin.  I have to believe that she's having a good life and that her fracture healed well.

laura

midknight1

6/12/07

I will always think of this sweet girl Laura - I pray she has a wonderful life.

Jen

LAM232

6/12/07

Thanks for showng us his photos and giving us an update. He stopped racing just in the nick of time, I think.

You folks at Canter ROCK (as my pre-teen niece, Missy would say!).

Love to you for all you do to rescue and help our equine buddies.

Linda and Simba (whom was helped by Canter New England).

In reply toRe: msg 7

6/12/07

He's a handsome fella!  Thanks for taking care of him!
In reply toRe: msg 7
lauraOSU1

6/12/07

So Simba (love the name!) is a CANTER horse?  Fantastic!  The happy endings are why we all go on.  I'd love to see a picture(s) and hear more about him.

Have you been following the story of Patience (CANTER-NE)?  What an amazing story  -- it sounds like she's on her way to recovery.  laura

MJ42903

6/12/07

He looks so happy!  This is great.  Also, did you say mint loving?  Is there some place where I can send him some mints?