The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Willie was RESCUED thanks to the FOB's!!   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Debra, WI (DebraWI); 376 views.
Debra, WI (DebraWI)

6/19/07

Hello Everyone! (Willie's photo is attached! I don't know how to bring it up in the thread.)

Many of you remember a thread (that I can’t seem to find anymoreL) asking for help to save a horse in Greensburg Kentucky.  The owner of this horse had to be off the land within 2 weeks and if the owner couldn’t find a home for his horse, the owner feared that he would have to send Willie to auction.  

Telephone had it that Willie was pretty wild, hard to catch and had only one eye.

Well, Alex posted in the thread that we should call Lori Neagle at the Kentucky Equine Humane Center and that they would probably take the horse.

I put a call into the Kentucky Equine Humane Center and spoke directly with Lori Neagle.  Lori offered to take Willie right away after Willie had his coggins test.

That said, Lori turned me on to TAPP HORSE TRANSPORTATION in Versailles KY.  Lynn, the owner of this Transportation Company was wonderful.  Lynn facilitated picking up Willie within a day and transported Willie back to her farm.  You see, Lynn even took Willie to get his coggins test and then brought Willie back to her farm until the coggins test came back.  Lynn thought Willie was just the cutest thing she’s ever seen.  And, he was pretty mellow although Lynn noticed that Willie felt uncomfortable around women but seemed to really like men. 

Lynn also noticed that Willie did STILL HAVE 2 EYES! Yes, in fact, Willie’s one eye was infected very badly and Lynn thought he would need surgery.

Well, once the coggins test was back, Lynn loaded Willie up and transported Willie to the Kentucky Equine Humane Center!

Now enters Lori Neagle (KYEHC)

Lori fell in love with Willie right away!  She said he was so cute that she thought Willie would be adopted quickly. 

I asked Lori to get some photos and let me know as often as she could how our boy Willie is doing.  Lori called me a couple of days later and said that Willie would need to have eye surgery and that she would keep me posted.

On June 9th, Willie had surgery and here’s what Lori had to say:

Hi Debra,
Willie had his eye removed on Saturday at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee and is doing fine.  
I'm sure he feels much better without the eye.  He is in a stall during the day and out at night.  I'll try to get some photos for
you ASAP.  If you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks again for giving Willie a second chance.
 Lori Neagle
 Here’s the latest from Lori Neagle:

Hi Debra,

Hagyard-Davidson-McGee was the Equine Hospital that preformed the Surgery but I'm not sure which surgeon did the surgery.  Joy Gilbert came out On Saturday and took some photos of Willie..... I am just waiting to get Them from her.  As soon as I get them I'll send them on to you.  He is doingmuch better and will have his stitches out this week!!!

Lori.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to all the FOB's who rallied for this little guy. AWFB!

Attachments
  • Edited 6/19/2007 9:33 pm ET by Debra, WI (DebraWI)
jw329

6/19/07

Willie is adorable.  Great job!

Avonda

6/19/07

Wonderful news!! He is so cute, I'm glad he is safe. Will be watching for the next round of pics.

Roseann

Roseann

M Matz/Barbaro Artwork Proceeds Benefit Barbaro or Laminitis Fund

• Edited 6/19/2007 10:09 pm by regalmrj

6/19/07

Wow, Willie is very cute!!  Glad to hear he's doing so well....great referral Alex!

Great work Debra!!!  AWFB!!!

He is a doll!!!

Dawn

6/20/07

Oh Debra, he is absolutely handsome....adorable too LOL.

Thank you for saving him....tears of joy

Sharon

6/20/07

How cute is he!?!  Great job.  Congratulations.

FoBMary in Illinois

In reply toRe: msg 7

6/20/07

HE IS TO PRECIOUS..THANYOU!!!

midknight1

6/20/07

Thank you so much for posting this info.  So glad to hear that he is doing well.

Jen

Msg 10 of 24 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 8
Debra, WI (DebraWI)

6/20/07

Jenny,
thanks for getting the image up!!!