8/5/07

Here are the plans for Dr. Richardson's Birthday Celebration:
(Celebrating in Grand FOB Style!!!)- Date: August 30

1. Send donation and/or birthday card for a gift basket and cake to
Kennett Florist.
Deadline for KF donations: August 20

* If mailing your donation, mark on the check, "Memo" section-
"Dr. Richardson's Birthday"

**A word of caution- if mailing a check (donation for Dr. R's gift basket)and a birthday card for Dr. Richardson to Kennett Florist, be careful NOT to place your donation check directly in Dr. Richardson's Birthday card! I hate to make KF steam open envelopes to retrieve checks!!!!**********

* Credit card donations by phone $15 minimum
(due to credit card processing charges)

Address:
Kennett Florist:
405 W State St
Kennett Square, PA 19348
Telephone #-610-444-6040

2. Donate to UPENN- Barbaro or Laminitis Fund-
"In Honor of Dr. Richardson's Birthday"

************** LATE BREAKING NEWS from KENNETT FLORIST ***************
THIS MESSAGE WAS JUST RECEIVED FROM OUR GOOD FRIENDS AT KF

We will get the # from NBC & make a fake check with the amount given to lamintis or Barbaro fund in honor of the birthday. Like we did last year.
Thanks
Alie KF

(UPENN will be tracking all donations that are designated for Dr. R's Birthday)

* On-line donation:
(Deadline: tallied instantly-donate anytime in month of August for it to count)
Designate your donation "In Honor Of" Dr. Dean Richardson's Birthday. (You Do Not Have to Fill out Address of person honoring).

* Mailing donations by check:
(Deadline: mail no later than Aug. 20)
1. Indicate in the Memo line of the check just which fund the donation is for; i.e. Friends of New Bolton, Barbaro Fund or Laminitis Research Fund, and
2. ALSO include a short separate note with the check indicating that the donation is being made "In honor of Dr. Dean Richardson's Birthday."

Link to UPENN (All information for donating including Mailing Address, etc.):

http://www.vet.upenn.edu/giving/

For all UPENN donations the liaison/contact at NBC will track and tally all of the donations after they are received. Again, all checks should be in the mail no later than Aug. 20th. On-line donations do not have a specific deadline other than to be donated in the month of August. The on-line donations are tallied instantly as they are made.

Edited 8/9/2007 9:52 am ET by janbot

Edited 8/10/2007 4:11 pm ET by janbot

Edited 8/13/2007 5:29 pm ET by janbot

• Edited 8/20/2007 6:55 am ET by janbot
hatchery1

8/6/07

Just mailed my check to Kennett Florist with my birthday card for Dr. R, and made an on-line donation to the Barbaro Fund.  Dr. Dean has my everlasting gratitude for giving us Barbaro to love for 8-1/2 more months.

Tricia K.

Thanks, Jan - I will "blue-link" this to ABR right now....and many times during the week!

OK, this thread has been blue-linked to ABR (I will continue to do so at various times), my $$ was sent to Kennett Florist late last month, just mailed the birthday card to KF this morning, and I made my donation to the Laminitis Fund in honor of Dr. R's birthday...so I'm done, except for the ongoing blue-linking!

• Edited 8/6/2007 9:58 am ET by nancyinct
Jo (LoveYouB)

8/6/07

Thanks for all of your great follow up with planning this and reminding everyone.  I called in my donation to Kennett Florist last week and made the online donations to UPenn yesterday.  Thanks again, should be a great birthday celebration for Dr. R!

Jo   

8/6/07

Thanks for the reminder!! I'm just going to donate to the Laminitis Fund this year for his birthday (in honor of him).  I'm sure he would love that. I'm guessing he'll get lots of gifts, $$$ for cake etc.....

Luv,

Cheryl G

janbot

8/6/07

As always....
Many, Many Thanks Nancy for your help! You are always there to help with the FOB projects!
jan
janbot

8/6/07

Jo,
I appreciate your kind words, but Diane has done the work for Dr. Richardson's birthday.
I have it easy...just me and my monitor screen!!!!
Thanks for supporting this effort! I love that the FOBs are determined not to forget Dr. Richardson!
jan
Msg 309 of 514 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 306
janbot

8/6/07

Thanks Cheryl!!!
I appreciate your support for this FOB adventure!!!!
jan

No problem - that's what happened when I learned to "blue-link" from Debbie L.A. - I'm out of control!

I just posted it again on ABR - once for the early shift and now for the late shift.

Nancy

janbot

8/6/07

I LOVE it...Armed and Dangerous with blue-linking capabilities!!!!!!!!
jan