MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Update on very old pony, Sasha    Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Guest; 91 views.

7/7/07

Hello Everyone !!

I wanted to give a quick update on Sasha the pony that is in her mid to late 40's and was surrendered to CVRS. Here she is upon arrival

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am happy to say that Sasha is now doing very well. It has been a month since she arrived and she has gained a little over 200lbs !! She is the sweetest mare ever and is very grateful to be here. Our vet will be seeing her again real soon and we will be discussing her progress and what comes next. Here are some pictures of Sasha now. Isn't she just precious??

Pictures taken after one of her many baths. I happy to report it has taken a month but she is now LICE FREE !!

These next pictures of her all dried off and really enjoying grinding in more dirt....LOL!

We are still dealing with dry skin so Sasha insists on trashing my memosa tree :(

Ummmm and Sasha not caring for her bunny like fly mask.....LOL!

Although the FOB's were not involved in Sasha's situation I am grateful for all the moral support one gets here and thought I would share :) I hope you enjoyed the update and pictures. I will be sure to keep everyone informed as to how things are going.

THANK YOU!
  • Edited 7/7/2007 12:25 pm ET by Cozee Valee (PoneePower)
Msg 2 of 49 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1

7/7/07

Thanks for posting the before and after pictures-what a big difference care and love can make! Was she from an auction? So pretty!
Msg 3 of 49 to GuestGuest 
kckellsbells

7/7/07

Thanks for the update on Sasha.  What a turn around!  She is just adorable.  She knows she is HOME!

Kelly

Msg 4 of 49 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2

7/7/07

Thank you and no, she was not from an auction, she was headed to one. The owner has 3 kids and is leaving her husband and could not take Sasha with her. She was not sure what was going on as Sasha was really dropping weight and she could not get her to recover. No one else wanted this pony as she had advertised her and got no reply but ours. There was no way I could allow Sasha to go to an auction, that would be like throwing your Grandma overboard, it just wasn't happening as long as I had a say :)

Again, thank you and have a great day!

Msg 5 of 49 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 4
JHedgecock

7/7/07

She look s beautiful! Thank youfor your hard work and efforts on behalf of one of God's beloved creatures. How wonderful this gal will spend the rest of her life knowing love and good care. Your rewards are in her eyes! Judy, FOB, Colorado.
Msg 6 of 49 to GuestGuest 

7/7/07

What a grand old lady!!! She looks wonderful. Thank you for all you do for the horses.
Msg 7 of 49 to GuestGuest 
midknight1

7/7/07

She looks fantastic Beth.  Great job in helping this girl back.

Jen

7/7/07

she does look fantastic- a darn sight better than the last time we saw pics of her!
Msg 9 of 49 to GuestGuest 

7/7/07

Nice work.  Good to see the oldie Goldies being looked after.
In reply toRe: msg 9

7/7/07

Thank you everyone.....

Sasha is indeed a special elderly lady.....LOL! I have a huge soft spot for the elderly ponies/minis so here at Cozee Valee that is what we are going to try and focus on, the elderly. Not only can I feed more of them verses horses but they are great for my son and the other kids that come here to work around.  It is my dream to be able to get things fixed up around here so they can stay here until it is time for them to head over the rainbow bridge.

I know the ederly can and do at times take more financially (how about it Chris Smith ?) as they need special care, feeds and some times meds. When I get older I would never want anyone to throw me away because I cost a little more to keep :) I know financial backing is a must if we are going to take on these elderly equines but until our paperwork in finished we will continue to operate as a private rescue, do things out of pocket and do the best we can with what we have :)