MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Another Feedlot Foal Born at Shiloh HR!   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 7/8/07 by Guest; 9 views.

7/8/07

Hi Everyone-

Shiloh HR in NV had another new arrival yesterday! Journey, a pregnant mare rescued off of the Fallon feedlot, gave birth to a super cute Palomino colt! We have named the little Guy "Gold Strike".

1.jpg

Journey was rescued last winter- she was pregnant AND had her weanling colt AND the prior year's yearling at her side! The entire family of four was rescued before the slaughter trucks arrived. The weanling, Doubloon, has since been adopted while his brother, the yearling Smoke, sadly passed away due to heart failure a few months ago. An entire family bred to be killed for slaughter.

Journey and Gold Strike are both doing great.

3.jpg

88.jpg

113.jpg

See more pictures here: http://www.shilohlasvegas.com/news_full.php?type=&id=192&year=&month=&day=

It has been so hot here this last week- reaching 116 at the ranch! If only we could all do what little Hammie does, we could all stay cool!

33.jpg

FYI- Shiloh will be attending the New Holland Sale in PA next Monday (July 16th) with Angel Acres. Shiloh is planning on saving 4 OTTBs and Angel Acres is hoping to save 1 or 2. I will be starting another thread for anyone interested in donating to our Slaughter Fund- 100% of the money will go to paying the auction bill.

Thanks everyone!

Jill Curtis www.shilohhorserescue.com

Edited 7/8/2007 6:45 pm ET by shilohhorse
  • Edited 7/9/2007 9:59 am ET by shilohhorse
Msg 2 of 28 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1

7/8/07

OMG!  Do you have more pics of Hammie?  He/she is soooo cute!!!  I just love pigs !!!

Sue

Msg 3 of 28 to GuestGuest 
MJ42903

7/8/07

What a sweet foal!
Msg 4 of 28 to GuestGuest 
SlewReigns

7/8/07

Way to go Jill.  Thanks for helping out with the New Holland Feedlot rescues.  I understand this place is the pits for horses.  Please let us know your thoughts when you get home. 

Cute new Foal. 

Jerry

Msg 5 of 28 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2

7/8/07

Hammie trying to scare Fred and Ethel away from "his" food!

149_0417071007a.jpg

He is so funny!

Jill

Msg 6 of 28 to GuestGuest 
kckellsbells

7/8/07

He is just precious!  Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Kelly

Msg 7 of 28 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 5

7/8/07

OMG!  I just LOVE him!  He is tooo cute!! (I'm assuming it's a he?).  Thank you for sharing and putting a big smile on my face.  I think pigs are just the cutest!

Do you post pics of him on your website?

Sue

Msg 8 of 28 to GuestGuest 

7/8/07

KEEVA HAD A NEW FRIEND TO GALLOP WITH, ALONG WITH FLASH AND WILLIE. WAHOO FOR GOLD STRIKE. WHEN CAN HE COME PLAY??????????WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Msg 9 of 28 to GuestGuest 

7/9/07

Jill

At 116, we will all be in Hammie's puddle to get some relief.  He obviously does not know that he is not as a big as the horses as he moves them away from his food.  He is so cute.

Gold Strike is one beautiful boy -- he looks great as does his mom.  Another baby for day care.

Lynn

Msg 10 of 28 to GuestGuest 

7/9/07

Enjoyed the pictures.

Gold Strike looks like a sweet soul,

Prayers for Smoke.