Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

SLAUGHTER BLOG FROM TB FRIENDS   Anti Slaughter Issues

Started by Guest; 14 views.

7/11/07

From TB Friend's blog this morning -  Pretty much to the point!!  This needs to be stopped at the federal level.

If you have a hard time dealing with horse slaughter, please click off and come back tomorrow. The following is rated R, for Repulsive.

I just hate it when horse killers do the I Told You So dance. Two, sometimes three cattle trailers filled with horses are leaving Northern California each week. The horses are slaughtered in Mexico. When slaughter was outlawed in America, horse killers told me no big deal. They will just take them to Mexico or Canada. I tell the killers getting across the borders will be difficult. They laughed at me. Hand over a few dollars to patrol agents and you can take an elephant across the border. Hand over a few dollars and you can cross with a van load of farm workers.

Horse killers are doing the I Told You So dance, rubbing it in my face. We have worked for years to stop slaughter, and when finally the courts said enough is enough, killers only grinned and pointed their trucks south. More horses are being butchered today than ever before. The demand for horse meat is at an all time high.

And I suppose this bothers me because I am getting old, tired, and more broken down than any of the race horses we rescue. I wanted to see an end to this crap. Horses should be respected. If you have ever been to a feed lot to look at doomed horses, you never forget the faces. The despair hangs in your brain for weeks and months. There is no respect. There is no dignity.

Yesterday I had a man who earns his living by selling horses to slaughter, this man told me Americans are f****** stupid. All you goodie goodie right to lifers with your websites and chat rooms. Trying to end horse slaughter. When all the while you should have focused your attention on morons who breed their mares. And then this man ended our conversation by asking how do Americans even put their shoes on? They are so f****** stupid.

He was doing the I Told You So dance. I just hate that.

We have to change channels. Other options must be explored. Why on earth do we let illegal people into our country to make money from slaughtering our horses. Why? This a not racial thing. This is about protecting our horses. Protecting all that is ours...

Joe

Msg 2 of 74 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1
swedishkat

7/11/07

I was JUST going to post that! You beat me to it LOL, thanks for posting. Read more about Joe and TB Friends on their TWR wiki-page: http://www.timwoolleyracing.com/wiki/index.php/Thoroughbred_Friends      Kat
Msg 3 of 74 to GuestGuest 

7/11/07

I ALWAYS read Joe's blog every morning.  This one really got to me...BUT..he's RIGHT!  The KB's are LAUGHING all the way to the bank as they send horses to Canada and Mexico!!!  I've watched the Ft. Collins online auction a couple of times now and it is just appalling how many GOOD HORSES, WITH PAPERS even, go "straight" to slaughter!  And, the KB there has an "in" with the auctioneer!!!  He just wiggles his thumb and off a horse goes to slaughter.  I mean, COME ON!!!

I'm going to mail my letters to Senators this morning (again)...

Msg 4 of 74 to GuestGuest 

7/11/07

Can we send this letter on to the "powers that be ?"

I would have the NATIONAL GUARD at the BORDERS with eyes wide open looking and

finding all these  people who choose  to disrespect ALL AMERICA's LAWS.

WHERE are those HONEST AMERICANS who won't be bribed.....That truth and

honesty are worth more then any amount of money ?

Msg 12115.5 deleted
Msg 6 of 74 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 5
really920

7/11/07

Majela I'm sorry I'm an immigrant too (Canada) I read Joe's message twice and I don't see where Joe blamed the immigrants??? Please help???
  • Edited 7/11/2007 12:26 pm ET by really920
Msg 12115.7 deleted
Msg 8 of 74 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 5
swedishkat

7/11/07

I am an immigrant too and I am behind Joe 100 %, he did write: This a not racial thing. This is about protecting our horses...

Msg 12115.9 deleted
Msg 10 of 74 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 7

7/11/07

Majela,

I am sorry...this isn't what I got out of it.....  this board is to save horses !

And we need you !!

I got that the KB's don't fear the LAWS of the US and they will do as they will...ALSO

we have unscrouplous people working at the border that will turn their heads for

$$$$

THIS IS  WHAT I AM SO UPSET ABOUT...EVEN WHEN WE GET THE LAWS WILL

TRANSPORTING OUR HORSES TO MEXICO AND CANADA STOP  ??