MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Fallon Rescues Find Great Home!!!!   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Guest; 10 views.

7/11/07

To All--

I am posting these photos for my friend Audrey -- who was the  largest single supporter of the Kansas 45 +2!! Though we valued all of our supporters Audrey went above and beyond in so many ways to make this huge rescue a timely possibility...

Although we named a beautiful chestnut Max, in honour of Audrey's teenaged son-- it was decided that the trip from Eastern Kansas to the southern tip of California would be too grueling a transport in the heat of the summer for these frightened horses.

As it was her desire to adopt a rescue, Audrey took in, along with another friend to whom the younger horse will  belong-- these two rescues from the many Fallon Feedlot saves that were in quarantine at Shiloh in Nevada.

The horses arrived early this morning; and Audrey couldn't wait to ring me up with the news.

Here are the two lucky girls.

Audrey will elaborate later on about the girls and their stories as this is her show;  I am only the poster.

Thank you,

Carol

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
  • Edited 7/11/2007 7:23 pm ET by crreiss
Msg 2 of 27 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1

7/11/07

What lucky horses they are !! They are beautiful horses Audrey. It was so wonderful of you to take them in and offer them the love and human companship they so deserve. It will be fun to hear of the updates as they progress with training,  You truly are a "horse rescuer" in every sense of the word. Thank you for doing what you do!

Careen

Msg 3 of 27 to GuestGuest 

7/11/07

Just beautiful!!!
Msg 4 of 27 to GuestGuest 

7/11/07

They are beautiful!! Hope that they give you many happy times.
Msg 5 of 27 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 3

7/11/07

Hi Lynn--

I am waiting for Audrey to fill us in on these girls. Aren't they lucky?

Audrey is a wonderful accomplished horsewoman herself who does so much for the horses not only TWR; but in her community as well... She was on pins and needles yesterday afternoon  and this morning awaiting the girls arrival.

Carol

Msg 6 of 27 to GuestGuest 

7/11/07

Gorgeous horses!!

I remember the black one from the website. Audrey is so kind to not truck horses across the country when others in need were much closer to her home. Is she going to keep the names they have now or give them new names?

Msg 7 of 27 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 6

7/11/07

Hi  IndyOndine--

I am sure that Audrey will be filling you all in on the details. She is indeed an extremely considerate human being; and wants nothing more than good for all the horses in jeopardy.

Please wait for Audrey to fill you all in. I know that this has been a very hectic an exhausting day for her. Her enthusiasm will be shared with all who have an interest in this thread when time allows.

Thank you,

Carol

Msg 8 of 27 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 6

7/11/07

Hey Indy, Dont want to hijack this thread but we have urgent rescue going on for 1 roan mustange gelding at feedlot in CO, going to slaughter tomorrow. I have just started threat, it is at the top right now.

If anyone can help save this sweet guy.  We need to raise $650 by tomorrow.

Thank you!

Angela

7/11/07

They are so beautiful. Glad they arrived safely. Can hardly wait to hear more about them.

Robin

Msg 10 of 27 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 7

7/11/07

Okey dokey, we'll all wait for the details. If I were Audrey, the last place I would want to be is at the computer with those beautiful girls having just arrived!! : )