POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Marley...... formally known as Patches   Horse Rescue Updates

Started by Ponytale1976; 7964 views.
Msg 734 of 1100 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 733
Ponytale1976

8/15/07

I feel your pain. My husband demanded a divorce a few weeks back. In his words he is tired of taking a back seat to the animals. At this point I am unsure if I will still have a husband or not. I struggle to do it all on my own, but I also have 6 & 8 year old daughters to care for. Right now we have 8 on the property, 5 of which are rescues. I only have 3 stalls, could make 5 if I had to...winter is coming...I have no idea what will transpire, but if it means buying a shed, then I guess thats what I will have to do. I did however get a phone call for Gus (my rescue mule) today and they are coming to look at him tomorrow. It sounds like a really good match so far, so I am going to keep fingers crossed that they "like" each other tomorrow.

8/15/07

Yepper.....I am right there with you! Good luck with Gus and let us know how it goes. I will say some prayers and XXXXX my fingers !!

8/16/07

Good luck with GUS! Let us know when you can.

Fingers crossed!

Hows Marley and baby today??

Is there a outstanding balance on the vet bill still?

Msg 737 of 1100 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 736
Ponytale1976

8/16/07

I am sure that I still have an outstanding balance. My vet never writes up bills, she does the work and then sends a bill in the mail, so I know I owed $100 still before Marley's vet bill for the hers and the babies check up.

They came and saw Gus but being new at horses thought that a mule was a donkey and were very nervous that Gus was much bigger then what they were expecting. He did like them, and they did like him, but I don't think they are interested in giving him a home :(

Marley and Baby are great as usual!!

• Edited 8/16/2007 1:52 pm ET by Ponytale1976
Ponytale1976

8/16/07

Hey guys Alex agreed to include Marley's story in his book in the horse rescue section. He needs 2-3 paragraphs depicting the details of Marley's Rescue and the FOB support that made it possible. Is anyone willing to write that up for me?

8/16/07

Wow!  That is GREAT news!

Do you have any new baby pics?  I'm interested to see how the little one is growing.

Sue

Msg 740 of 1100 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 739
Ponytale1976

8/16/07

I will go shoot some right now for you   :)
Msg 741 of 1100 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 739

8/16/07

ohh yes, good suggestion, I want to see what the new little one is looking like today.....she is sooo gorgeous.

bucky

Msg 742 of 1100 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 741
Ponytale1976

8/16/07

My web photo is not being friendly tonight. Is there anyone that I can e-mail the pictures to?
midknight1

8/16/07

New pictures of Marley and baby.  Enjoy!!

cuttingintonaptime.jpg picture by midknight1

sydwithmarleyfoal.jpg picture by midknight1

Theydontcomeanycuter.jpg picture by midknight1