alexbrown4
Staff

7/27/07

the attached ad will be running soon in the thoroughbred times.  cheers, alex
Attachments
In reply toRe: msg 1
LindaJ56

7/27/07

The ad should certainly generate some positive publicity for our causes. It's pretty powerful.  Alex, do you know who is paying for it to run and if it will be run only once or on an ongoing basis? I would certainly contribute to a fund to have it be run several times.
alexbrown4
Staff

7/27/07

i do know yes, and at the moment the plan is to run the ad twice.  if FOBs would like to contribute that might be cool.  i also think the ad is very powerful, its simple and to the point.  cheers, alex
LindaJ56

7/27/07

Agreed. I will watch the thread to see if anything develops in terms of making contributions to keep running the ad or possibly run it in other horseracing publications. Whoever came up with the ad did a great job - if you feel it's appropriate, please thank them!
Msg 12811.5 deleted
Barbi1958

7/27/07

This is great, I think the horse pictured is Painted Pistol, if it is he is a perfect example for this ad. Thanks for letting us know.
alexbrown4
Staff

7/27/07

the sad thing is, we have _plenty_ of other examples if we did expand this to a persistant campaign!  cheers, alex
cigarello

7/27/07

Imagine this horse was good enough to run in the Wood and won almost 300,000 dollars and winds up in a kill pen. Great ad; glad to see that some of the horse mags are getting involved in making people aware of this horrible problem
AutumnSmoke

7/27/07

I am certain that this is a highly effective ad! Concise and extremely powerful. Brilliant in its simplicity.

Tell us where to send funds to support this ad, or a repeat of it. Pardon me, but the industry surely must participate here. Who can we thank for this?

Alex, please get back to me with your contact info on the "package" underway. I can't see NOT having you as a key player. Can you? It's exciting, please come on board. (nudge, nudge)

7/27/07

That is a very powerful ad.   I would like to contribute to having it run,  maybe in other publications as well.    

Anyone who is involved in racing from the observers and $2 bettors to the wealthy or not so wealthy owners, breeders and trainers,  ALL should be responsible for and obligated to these horses. 

It's the least we can do.  Without them you don't have a game.