Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

DJ's Serenity Updates, formerly Rebel   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 8/4/07 by Guest; 6 views.

8/4/07

here is the latest update on DJ's Serenity as of this am, sorry it took so long.
I couldn't find the other thread am starting this one.

Hey Laura,

Too funny, I was actually going to send you an email today about DJ. He is doing VERY well! Still skinny because he was basically emaciated when we got him, but he has definitely put on a nice amount of weight, especially on his ribs! Yesterday he had his feet trimmed and was a perfect gentlemen for the farrier. When I first got him he was extremely strong to lead and wouldn't stand for a bath. Now he leads PERFECTLY and is great about bath time! I'm going to go out to the barn later this evening to take pictures so be on the lookout for those either tonight or first thing in the morning.
He really is such a cool horse, I love him to death.

Rachel
Msg 2 of 9 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1
marygran

8/4/07

Thanks for the update!  I am so glad to hear he is doing well!

Can't wait to see new pics of a happy horse!

Mary in MD

8/4/07

I ill be in the Orlando area in 2 eeks so hoping a visit can be arranged!! I am keeping my fingers crossed!!
Msg 4 of 9 to GuestGuest 
JenFL (jswan0415)

8/4/07

Laura,

Can you add this to the Pure Thoughts Update thread under the Horses Supported Section.

Thanks

Jen

In reply toRe: msg 5

8/12/07

I have added Rebel's latest pic to the PT Horses Supported thread. Thanks again for helping this stately gentleman.
Msg 7 of 9 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 6
AutumnSmoke

8/12/07

Oh my goodness, Laura! Your website has so much to see on it! Please reply with how to find the photos ... I can't even find "Pure Thoughts horses supported". Duh.
marygran

8/12/07

You need to go to Pure Thoughts Updates on the TWR/ABR site under Updates for Horses Rescues.  DJ/Rebel's update is post #42.  He's looking mighty handsome!

Mary in MD

Msg 9 of 9 to GuestGuest 
midknight1

8/13/07

Thanks for posting Laura.  So glad he is doing well.

Jen