Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Lady, Sabrina and foal are HOME!!!!   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 8/6/07 by Guest; 6 views.

8/6/07

For all those who have followed the Project Save Horses thread, and all who played a role in getting these horses out:

Lady, Sabrina, and Sabrina's foal made the 6 hr trip from PA to OH and have arrived safely.  Lady managed to stay pregnant the whole way!  They have brand new names to start their brand new lives: Lady is now Greta, Sabrina is now Grace, and Sabrina' colt still needs a name.

Everyone unloaded and settled in just fine.  The girls drank LOTS of water and had a good dinner....Grace hasn't lifted her faceout of her hay yet!

I will have pictures of their new digs tomorrow, but will probably have to email them to Laurie to post!  Also a more thorough update....I'm a bit overloaded right now with the tremendous feeling of relief seeing these guys safe and sound....and eating!

A heartfelt thank you to everyone who has supported this group of horses and their fate.  You all are truly angels.  Remember....you can't make a world of difference, but you can make all the difference in the world to one horse.

More tomorrow......

Amanda

Msg 2 of 40 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1

8/6/07

AWESOME NEWS AMANDA !!

I can not was to get updates and new pics :) Ummm I like the name Lenee. Of course everyone else spells it different ......I am a double E freak!

I am so happy to read he update and glad all is well. I can NOT wait to see what the baby looks like.

THANK YOU for giving them all a great home!

Msg 3 of 40 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2

8/6/07

Hi Beth,

I like the name Lenee (pronounced Lenny, right?)!

I will have Laurie pist pics of the girls and the colt on here so that when I post new ones everyone can follow their progress.  Grace's baby is adorbale, and I think Greta is close to foaling, but not immediately.  She is the cutest pony, I can't even imagine how sweet her foal will be!!

Off to bed....I'm sure I will be up before the sun to go look at them and make sure this isn't a dream and that they are really here and safe!!  I can't imagine what Laurie is feeling.....I've only been involved in this for 5 days or so and I'm a wreck....she's been dealing with this guy for over a month!!  Poor girl must be a zombie!

Amanda

Msg 4 of 40 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 3
Car`in (cmmk)

8/7/07

She is just that ,Without a doubt it's auto pilot all the way,but still has a high bar to get over ,Sorry to say! Like I said in other thread it has been diffucult ,I can't Thank you enough for taking these guys it is so appreciated .Sorry for any mispelling and gramer but pooped I just came in from airport run and i'm not a very good speller to begin with. but please keep us up dated on your new additions they are adorable and are so deserveing of a new begining and second chance ,thanks agian for your help, with sincere gratetude.Please would love to see pics!

Karin K  

Msg 5 of 40 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1

8/7/07

This is the best news.  What troopers these horses are.  I'm just so thrilled that Greta is still pregnant and hopefully has some time to settle in before the baby is born.

Lynn

In reply toRe: msg 5
Ponytale1976

8/7/07

Crying again......Can I switch sexes and be a man so I don't have to cry so much?

Here is the pic of the three the morning before they left my farm :

amandasnewfamily.jpg

8/7/07

Thanks for posting the pic!  This will be short, I am in the middle of horse chores.  Greta made it through the night just fine but her milk is definately cloudy and very thin.  I would guess she will foal in the next few days.  Gonna try to get a Foal Predicter test on her, but last night she was cow kicking like a mad woman!  This morning I had the farm manager hold her other hind leg up and got some out.....she made faces the whole time!

All 3 are turned out right now, and I am taking pics of the farm and them, although it is very overcast and rainy so they may not turn out great.  First nice day that comes along I will take pics of a day in the NEW life of Greta and Grace!

Grace and son are doing great, he was bouncing around in the pasture like little boys should!!

More later....

Msg 8 of 40 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 7
kayparsons

8/7/07

So happy Grace and crew arrived safely.  Looking forward to pictures.

Again thank you for taking these precious babes.

In reply toRe: msg 8

8/7/07

Hi everyone!

Greta's Foal Predicter test came back at an 80% chance of foaling tonight!  I have never had a mare go more than 2 nights with that result.....so off for a nap before foal watch begins! 

I emailed Laurie pics....hopefully she will post here, I'm clueless about that!!

Grace and her colt, who I named Matty, are doing great, eating like champs!  Between her feed tub, the pasture, and her hay, I haven't seen her head up for more than a total of about 2 minutes today!  She eats like it's going somewhere, which is both amusing and very sad at the same time. 

Here's to happy foaling!!  And hopefully a limited number of foal watch nights!

Msg 10 of 40 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 9
Ponytale1976

8/7/07

Amanda, I can't get the pictures. I seem to be having some trouble with that lately.