Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

27+ year old QH gelding in need of home   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Ponytale1976; 2285 views.
Ponytale1976

8/7/07

I am posting this for an aquaintence. She has a friend that is being forced to move and can not take his lifelong friend with him. The horse is currently on LI, but the girl that asked me to post this will trailer him free to his new home anywhere in the Tri-State area (NY, NJ, PA) probably further for a small fee, but I am unsure of that. This is what I was told about him:

"For Adoption: Older QH gelding FREE to good home, retired (can no longer be ridden due to arthritis) but can be ponied on trail with other horses. Great temperment, gets along with other horses/animals and loves attention. Up to date on all shots, wormings, farrier appts and is an easy keeper. Owner moving and this horse needs to find a new family to love him before it's too late!. He is a bay with a dark mane & tail, approx 16 hh. Willing to trailer horse to new home. For further info, please feel free to contact me: Canterwithkash@aol.com/631-838-9431"

Laurie Brinkworth

• Edited 8/8/2007 6:56 pm ET by Ponytale1976
midknight1

8/7/07

Bumping up for a boy in need.  It sounds like the owner wants him to go to a good home, but you can never trust the KBs tactics.

Jen

kckellsbells

8/7/07

Bumping for this boy.  My QH passed from colic 2 years ago at age 26.  Well-kept horses can live into their mid 30's.  Anyone need a companion horse???

Kelly

Ponytale1976

8/7/07

Thanks for bumping, I don't know him personally but he looks to be a sweet old guy in need of a good home. If they can't find one before time runs out I will suggest euthanasia to them.
hopelavender

8/7/07

I sure hope that they can find him a good home!!
midknight1

8/7/07

Bumping again for this old timer.

Jen

hopelavender

8/7/07

Thanks, Jen!

We need to find this guy a new,forever home.

Look at his picture...What do you think that he might be saying???

Christine

8/7/07

HELP!

That's what he's probably saying.   Sure hope someone takes him.

midknight1

8/7/07

He's saying - please someone love me and give me a forever home. 

I truly wish I could help, but we have a 13 year-old lawn ornament that I love dearly that will be here until he is ready to cross over.  Horribly arthritic knee.  That's his co-owner Nell with him - not me.  I am no where near that skinny!  The left knee is shot - I have a special place in my heart for our "pasture ornaments!" 

IMG_0031_2.jpg picture by midknight1

Jen

midknight1

8/7/07

This sweet boy needs a home FOBs - can anyone out there help?

Charlie0011.jpg picture by midknight1