Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Look At This Boy!!   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 8/24/07 by Guest; 4 views.

8/24/07

This is Harlequin - the FOB's helped us rescue him from a local Maryland auction last month and he is doing great through his rehabilitation!  I just compared the pictures and wanted to share them :>)

This is Harlequin the day after the auction:

ygp2A7FMA17516513-0002.jpg picture by luvmyqh

These are from yesterday :>)  Isn't he handsome!!

DSCN2006.jpg picture by luvmyqh

DSCN2017.jpg picture by luvmyqh

Harlequin asked me to please thank all of the FOB's & The Exceller Fund for what they've done for him and his friend Shady!  He is a very happy boy and as kind as they come and Shady is the sweetest mare as well.

It was through all of your help that we were able to assist these two horses and it was our pleasure to do so :>)  Thanks to all of you!

Steph

• Edited 8/24/2007 10:44 pm ET by Celtic_Rein
Msg 2 of 19 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1

8/24/07

Ok, while I'm at it, here are Shady's before and after's too :>)

Shady the day after rescue from auction:

105-0514_IMG.jpg 7-7-07 picture by luvmyqh

Shady Yesterday :>)

shady030.jpg picture by luvmyqh

shady042.jpg picture by luvmyqh

Shady would also like to thank the FOB's for all of their assistance in their rehabilitation, as well as The Exceller Fund who also contributed to their care!

Msg 3 of 19 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2

These are amazing photos....

Lin

8/24/07

Thanks Lin - Shady is 20 years old, we honestly didn't think she'd bounce back so quickly, but these two have been troopers!  We love them both dearly - two of the sweetest TB's in the world :>)
Msg 5 of 19 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 4

8/24/07

OH WOW.....Harley looks awesome and you were worried he wasn't gaining....LMAO! You cracked pot....hehehehehee :)

Shady well I knew was beautiful from the start and I am so happy she found her forever home, she is another lucky horse!

Msg 6 of 19 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 4
VictoriaZX

8/24/07

They are not only incredibly gorgeous, but look so content and peaceful. They know they have been saved.

Bless you for saving their lives and mending their souls.

Msg 7 of 19 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2
kathy44104

8/24/07

Thanks so much for posting - they look so much better!!  Its amazing what good care does for them.

Thanks for helping them!

Msg 8 of 19 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 5

8/24/07

LOL.......I always worry about that and you know it!  I'm weight obsessed!  I knew they were gaining by taping weekly, but I really didn't "see" the difference until I just compared the pictures of them :)

Aren't they beautiful!!  They're such good kids!!

Steph

Msg 9 of 19 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1

8/24/07

Is he thoroughbred?

8/24/07

It was our pleasure - they are both absolutely beautiful horses, both inside and out.  They're both as sweet as can be and are so amazingly gentle :)  We couldn't have asked for more easy going and loving horses to care for through their rehabilitation.  They've both stolen many hearts around here!

Steph