MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

STRAWBERRY MOUNTAIN MUSTANG HAY STORAGE    Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Guest; 13 views.

8/31/07

CROSSPOST FROM THE RO BOARD !

I am starting a Fundraising drive for Darla of Strawberry Mountain Mustangs in memory of her beloved Sheldon mustang, Buddy. He was lost suddenly to colic a few days ago, at five years old...

Strawberry Mountain desperately needs proper hay storage to make it through the rainy, wet Oregon winters...right now, Darla's hay is tarped and wrapped, but already some of the hay has deteriorated to the point of being unusable...

Darla has bids on construction of a pole barn for hay storage. The best price she has so far is $9000 for a 36 X 40 foot pole barn.

Here is a quote from Darla on Buddy's thread...

Quote:

I've made the difficult decision to close Strawberry Mountain for a while - at least through the winter. I need some space, and some time. I constantly struggle with hay storage - the bulk of it is stacked and tarped and the whole top layer at least already needs to be thrown away. I don't know if Buddy got some mold, I can't figure out what started it. But I'm going to pour everything I have into building a hay storage area. I've had several quotes - the best being $9000 for a 36 x 40 pole structure with 16 ft eves. They've promised to even donate some more. I'm going to do this for Buddy. And I won't take another horse in until it's done. I have a partial materials list and I'm going to start getting prices soon. If I'm lucky, someone will donate supplies.

Send your donations via PayPal now! Or by snail mail to the address below:

Strawberry Mountain Mustangs, Inc.
P.O. Box 2133
Roseburg, OR 97470

Phone #: (541) 673-9990

Email: troy-darla@softhome.net

OUR WEBSITE IS:
www.strawberrymountainmustangs.com/

So, Darla, my friend...in memory of Buddy, I am starting this fundraiser for a Storage facility in the amount of $100.00 Can anyone match me?

• Edited 8/31/2007 11:41 am by PEC (PECRESCUE)
Msg 2 of 201 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1
cmc50

8/31/07

I cant match your generous donation today, but i will throw in $20 to bump and get us started!  I will do what i can for the hay barn in the future also...

Fob's this is for Buddy and for Darla, Mac's Mom.  She has had a devastating loss of her beloved Buddy, her inspiration and her heart.  Could we please show her some support?   

Should we pay pal strawberry mountian mustangs? 

In reply toRe: msg 2

8/31/07

Hi there...I'm responding to your question for PEC...yes, please send your pledges to Strawberry Mountain's Paypal address with the notation that its in memory of Buddy for the hay shed...

We have raised $300 in memory of Buddy on the Rescues Only bulletin board as well...we would LOVE to have enough donations in time to get this storage building built before the Oregon rains hit this fall...pulling hay bales for the horses in rain and mud is a very daunting task...

Thanks for thinking of Darla in her time of grief...

In reply toRe: msg 3

8/31/07

PLEASE HELP DARLA IN HER TIME OF GRIEF...IN MEMORY OF HER BELOVED HEART HORSE BUDDY. HER BELOVED FRIEND WHOM HELP START THE RESCUE WHERE OUR SWEET MAC AND MANY OTHERS HAVE FOUND THEIR SAFETY.

DARLA HAS ALSO HELPED 2 OF OUR OWN WILD RESCUED HORSES FROM NEVADA BE SAFE AND WE ALL KNOW THE STORY OF MAC.

PLEASE HELP HER HAVE PROPER STORAGE FOR THE HAY...

Msg 5 of 201 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 3

8/31/07

Hi. I in no way mean to hijack this truly worthy thread, but could you tell me what (or where) the Rescues Only board is?

Thanks so much...Kathy

Msg 6 of 201 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 5

8/31/07

~~~BUMP IN MEMORY OF BUDDY~~~

Msg 7 of 201 to GuestGuest 

8/31/07

In honor of Buddy, and in thankfulness to Darla for what she does for the horses, I will match your $100.

I will send a check.

Msg 8 of 201 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 7
kckellsbells

8/31/07

I will send a check for $100 to Strawberry Mountain Mustangs in honor and memory of Buddy.

Kelly

Msg 9 of 201 to GuestGuest 

8/31/07

I'm in for $10.  Wish I could send more but college is expensive!

-Jake

In reply toRe: msg 9

8/31/07

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR GENEROUS DONATIONS TO HELP DARLA HAVE A SECURED STORAGE PLACE FOR THE HORSES HAY IN MEMORY OF BUDDY.

MAY SHE KNOW AND FEEL OUR SUPPORT FOR THE WONDERFUL LOVING WORK SHE DOES AND KNOW WE ARE HERE FOR HER AND THEM.