Discussions

Today at Belmont   Horse Racing

Started by Guest; 18318 views.
Msg 161 of 236 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 155
GoLuckyGo

10/3/07

Hey Teresa,

Any report on Lord Langfuhr's race today? (He's one of our older boys.) I heard he came in second beating out several favorites but I'd love to hear your take on his run.

10/4/07

I didn't see the race, and I'll be at the Rangers' game tonight, but I'll take a look at the race in the next couple of days and post about it.  Congratulations!  Thanks for the alert.

How's Red doing?

In reply toRe: msg 161

10/4/07

Today's post:  a look at the three stakes races on Saturday:

The Grade I Frizette, a mile for two-year-old fillies on the dirt

The Grade I Champagne, a mile for two-year-old colts on the dirt

The Grade II Jamaica Handicap, a mile and an eighth on the dirt

Msg 164 of 236 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 162
GoLuckyGo

10/4/07

Red's doing better. He's in the scabby stage and restless to no end as he hasn't been ridden in two and half weeks. (When turned out he watches the other horses work.) The grooms call it, "El Grande Vacacione de Rojo!" or Red's Big Vacation! He was actually being lovey dovey yesterday evening so I know he's bored as usually, he's a big show-off in the "Quien es mas mucho?" late night barn contest. So, yes I let a fungus-bitten, itchy monster give me kisses!

We have a visiting Barclay Tagg horse in the barn who's fascinated by all our antics!

In reply toRe: msg 126

10/6/07

Hi, folks--

I've watched Delaware Park's race replays on calracing, but today Del Park isn't listed as one of their tracks...does anyone know why?

And does anyone know where I might be able to watch replays from Delaware without having to pay for a subscription?

Thanks...

10/6/07

Finally!  I watched Lord Langfuhr's race and posted about it this evening...take a look!  Sorry that it took so long...
Msg 167 of 236 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 165

10/6/07

For most of their races, I think you have to search by the name of the horse, not the track. Don't know why. 

Msg 168 of 236 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 167

10/6/07

Thanks, Bonnie--tried that, too, to no avail.  Maybe the races just weren't loaded yet.  Will keep trying...
Msg 169 of 236 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 168

10/6/07

I've noticed that they are very umm, inconsistent I think is the word I am looking for, in their coverage.   
In reply toRe: msg 169

10/7/07

Good morning, everyone.  Today's (last night's) post is up.

Topics:  Lord Langfuhr at Belmont last week, Spooky Mulder, the Jerome Handicap today, and a few words (and photo) about Teuflesberg. 

• Edited 10/7/2007 7:41 am ET by TeresaNY