MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Hello FOB's!!   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 9/26/07 by Guest; 8 views.

9/26/07

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to show off a few new picture's of myself that my rescue mom took because I think I look so handsome!  I weigh 1100 lbs. now compared to the 910 lbs. that I weighed when all of you nice people helped pull me and my friend Shady out of the auction in July!  Mom said I even have a chest now!

Right now I am stuck in the lame paddock because my hip was acting up, but mom got Dr. Jacobson out to see me and he said that I need 8-10 days rest and that I should be fine.  I am getting Bute, Dex & a diuretic because I like to stock up in my back legs, but I'm feeling much better and I should be doing great by the time my TB friend 'Love Me R Leave Me' gets here!  I can't wait to meet him, finally another TB!  I'm surrounded by Quarter Horses!  Oh, and a pony named Merrylegs that I heard is going to have a baby!  I think Merrylegs has a crush on me - she always calls to me and tries to come see me in my paddock when she goes for walks - It's because I'm just so very handsome! 

Anyway, here I am now!

harlequin.jpg picture by luvmyqh

I really think I'm a stallion!

Harlequin2.jpg picture by luvmyqh

Thank you to all of my friends, sponsors and angels that helped me out of the auction! 

Harlequin (Johnny B Quick)

Msg 2 of 29 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1

9/26/07

He looks fantastic Steph.  Quite an improvement from that night at the auction.
Msg 3 of 29 to GuestGuest 
staycool4

9/26/07

Hay there!

You are so stylin'!  You look great, and I am so happy to see your pix!  You can join my posse anytime, dude!  Thank you to those who rescued you and cherish you forever!  Your letter was so wonderful, too!

Your Mill Ridge chum,

NJ 

Msg 4 of 29 to GuestGuest 

9/26/07

What a handsome fellow you are! I can see why the ladies are in love. You look so happy and full of life!
Msg 5 of 29 to GuestGuest 
kathpaints

9/26/07

He looks great!!! Thanks so much for rescueing him....

In reply toRe: msg 5

9/26/07

I am so in love with this boy!  He is such a ham when I pull the camera out, lol.  It is so hard to explain his personality - you have to meet him in person to really see what he's all about, but my goodness is he a doll!  A little hot under saddle, but a fun ride and just soooo full of himself! 

Steph

Msg 7 of 29 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 6

9/26/07

Oh yes, he's very proud of himself, you can see!

Msg 8 of 29 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 6
Snudgie

9/26/07

That is one goooood lookin' horse!

Diane

Msg 9 of 29 to GuestGuest 

9/26/07

You sure are a handsome boy -- oh I mean MAN. I think your mom must truly love you. You be good and hopefully in 10 days you can be out playing with Merryilegs and rest of your buddies.

You deserve a wonderful life.

• Edited 9/26/2007 12:54 pm ET by Nancy K2 (nancykotiw)
Msg 10 of 29 to GuestGuest 
FOBForever

9/26/07

Your mom is obviously taking very good care of you.  You're a very handsome boy, and you sure like the camera!!

The Barbaro Effect:  There's never a finish line.