Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

LILY IS LOPING   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 11/27/07 by Guest; 5 views.

11/27/07

I had to share my excitement as I put Lily out this am. She has improved so much. She usually tries to act sorta like a horse, give a little crow hop now n then....

Today......

SHE IS LOPING ON HER OWN AROUND THE ARENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am on my way out to take video if I can.

be back in a bit and see if Theresa can get it uploaded..

Prayers are being answered...I wanna keep up the good work to help her

RT

Msg 2 of 31 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1
kckellsbells

11/27/07

Go Lily!! Go RT!! Go John!!
Msg 3 of 31 to GuestGuest 
maxsmom10

11/27/07

Oh my gosh, I can hardly believe it!  Go Lily--and way to go RT for believing when so many thought it was a lost cause!  Will try to scrabble a few more bucks together by the end of the week to send.

Marsh in TN

11/27/07

that's great news! And Tullie looks wonderful, too!

11/27/07

WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE VIDEO....I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT.

It brought tears to my eyes.  It's the best thing!!!!!   Hope Theresa gets both videos loaded soon. 

From the night I was there and the abscess broke to this.  That night Lily looked like she wanted to die and now to see how happy she is. 

It's a miracle.  I told RT she should pat herself on the back and she said it was the Creator's doing.  We all need to thank Him. 

• Edited 11/27/2007 11:00 am ET by maggiefromMo
gray_horse

11/27/07

DRUMROLL, PLEASE!!!

This has to be the most awesome sight I've ever seen!

Rehabilitation of a horse that had gotten to Lily's condition is a long and arduous process, with many ups and downs. Unfortunately, a lotta downs before you have ups.... (been there, done that - hated every minute....) RT was absolutely ecstatic when she called me this morning. (and with good reason. This is what every horseperson would hope for with a foundered horse) Many good wishes, Lily, for your continued recovery. May you run and play like this daily.

It is a HUGE improvement - thanks to you all who have helped provide the level of care needed to get her to this point, and to RT, who has been there making sure all of her needs are met.

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p163/grayhorse_ranch/HORSEFEATHERS/?action=view&current=lilylope1.flv

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p163/grayhorse_ranch/HORSEFEATHERS/?action=view&current=lilylope3.flv

• Edited 11/27/2007 12:21 pm ET by gray_horse

11/27/07

what a beautiful sight!
gal1231

11/27/07

I love Lily-this is such great news!

Yea Cheri-you are awesome and never give up!

Amanda

Msg 9 of 31 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 8
Tankah

11/27/07

Wow, what  a journey this girl has had. I remember when you first rescued her and what a pathetic condition she was in. Cheri & Viet, Thank you for hanging in there with her,  for all of the love and help you've given her, and for not giving up!  the world needs more like you!

Ann I.

In reply toRe: msg 9
kayparsons

11/27/07

What an awesome video of Lily.     Thank you Rt and Viet and all others who have donated to Horsefeathers to help this great mare.