Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Breyer/Beanie Tack Fundraiser   General: Non-horse

Started by Verna9060; 302 views.
Verna9060

12/13/07

This message is really to everyone who has visited and contributed to the thread over the nearly last 7 months.

Beverly and I have talked about this and since we aren't getting any requests for the tack, we have, with heavy hearts decided it is time to close this fundraiser.

I want to thank each and everyone of you who have been here with us as we rallied to raise money for Mike, Mr. Becker and Pure Thoughts. If not for you, we would not have been able to help any of them.

The money raised for Mike, has been sent to Colette to help Mr. Becker as he needs it in the future.

The money raised for Pure Thoughts will be sent to them shortly, as they are in need of help right now.

Because of all of you who have purchased items from this fundraiser and those of you who have been here to cheer us on, we are able to do something for both of them. I again thank you, because without you, this would have never been possible.

To Beverly, it has been my great honor to work with you on this fundraiser. You are one of the most wonderful people I know and your crafting skills are only outdone by your ability to show love in the highest form. You are a remarkable woman, one any person would be glad to know and even more privileged to call a friend. I feel privileged to call you my friend, as I am sure, do so many. You are a shining example of what all people should work to be and as an FOB. I love you and will stay in contact, for I could never live life without you in it, now that you have become such a big part of it.

For anyone who would still like to help Mr. Becker. Please see the Influent thread. Updates on his needs will be posted there as they come in.

Anyone who would like tack, Beverly will have a table at the Del Park celebration of Barbaro's life coming up, please be sure to visit her to say hi and to see the work she does first hand. If in the future, you would like tack, you can email Beverly. If you do not have her email address, you can email her through the board and she will be happy to help you out.

For those who would like to help Pure Thoughts in the future. Please see any of their posts, or visit their website at

Pure Thoughts
Horse & Foal Rescue
19181 Capet Creek
Loxahatchee, FL 33470
www.PTHR.org
Jennifer@PureThoughtsHorseRescue.com

Again, I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for everything you have done to make this fundraiser the success it was.

All my love,

Verna

• Edited 6/29/2008 11:01 pm ET by Verna9060
Msg 17778.2 deleted

12/13/07

Hi Verna, I see your at it again,

BUMP!!!!!!

Later,

Cal

Msg 4 of 828 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 3
Verna9060

12/13/07

Hi Cal !

You know me, anything the help the horses or a fellow FOB :)

Thanks for the BUMP ;)

Love,

Verna

• Edited 6/29/2008 10:51 pm ET by Verna9060
LindaVA3

12/13/07

Those are very cute!
Verna9060

12/13/07

Hi Linda,

Aren't they though. Beverly has done a wonderful job making them. She is also making white bridles, since some of our faves, like Rags and Hard Spun will sometimes wear a white one.

Love,
Verna

beverly25410

12/13/07

I bought old purses at yard sales and thrift stores for the tack.  Some are leather and some are vinyl, but it is hard to tell the difference.  With the Beanie the bridle and saddle are a bit more whimsical.
LindaVA3

12/13/07

You are very creative!
Gwen5555

12/13/07

verna,

How do I go about buying the beanie baby set. We (Influent and I) want to send it to Weldon54's little friend Hannah for Christmas and help Mike also. I am new to this forum stuff and have only read and posted on Influents thread. Please let me know how to purchase it.

Thank you so much for helping Mike and everyone else you have helped.
gwen

Verna9060

12/13/07

Hi Gwen,

Please email me at  vpenny1@fuse.net  and I will give you all the information you need.

Thank you Gwen, it feels nice to be able to do something for others, especially someone like Mike after all he has had to endure.

Love,

Verna