POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Ladies Of Our Mims   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Weldon54; 250753 views.
really920

12/15/07

Thank you too!!!

12/15/07

GO GATORS!!! My gator child comes home tomorrow!!!!

The ladies were organizing a coup today. Here I am, stuck in the house after ankle surgery, Pete and Pam taking care of the gang. So, I asked them to leave the ladies inside because of the freezing rain and sleet.  OH, MY, The LADIES WERE MAD! I immediately emailed Cheryl just in case Iza fanagled access to a computer and filed a formal complaint. Pete ran up and down the barn handing out treats but they still were mad. Pete eventually had to go over to the other barn to fix the hole in the wall created by the hoodlums so they could be brought up from the back pasture and out of the coming storm.

Meanwhile, Jamra let herself out of her stall. Pete calls down to the house and explains, "It's warmed up, they're all blanketed, Jamra is flaunting her freedom and I think you should grant a two hour parole." 

So everyone got to go out for awhile.  Hana Bride saw monsters right away so everyone was running madly about.

So, How is Hana? On an up swing. Hana Bride has boughts of depression. She is currently on a high...eating and happy.

ExcellerFund

12/15/07

Totally cool that you love Hana Bride!  I saw Hana shortly after her arrival at Our Mims when I went to Kentucky on one of my very few and far between vacations.

The Exceller Fund and Exceller volunteers have worked with Jeanne on finding homes for mares, and Jeanne is a wonderful person to work with.

The Exceller Fund was involved in getting Hana Bride (she's the mare that loves the "Hooligans") over to OMRH.  Here's our page on her:

http://www.excellerfund.org/horses/hana.htm

Jeanne was so wonderful and patient as we worked out transport arrangements and funding to pay for the transport to Kentucky. 

Jeanne welcomes visitors to see her "girls", and she will give you more information than you may want to know about each and every one of them.  LOL!!!  I was so happy to see that OMRH got their 501(c)3 so they can get more donations to help support these ladies in their golden years.

12/15/07

Is really920  Joe?  If so whee do I find your tbs?
Msg 52 of 6977 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 51
really920

12/15/07

No I'm not Joe!  I know Joe has a daily blog at www.tbfriends.com

my name is Lucille and welcome to the board:)

12/15/07

Yup, don't plan on a "quick" visit when you come here. I don't skip many details.

LOL, I had forgotton that Hana Bride jumped the fence to be with the hoodlums! Man, they beat her up! They ran her into trees, through bushes and into the pond! Hana came away with a nasty puncture wound. It's a good thing for all of us that Alabama Nana moved in and Hana found a best friend. Hana and 'Bama still insisted on living in the hoodlum barn for awhile, but that's a whole nother story.

I love the ExcellerFund! Great organization to work with. 

Msg 54 of 6977 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 51
Debbie1948

12/15/07

12/15/07

Thanks!

12/15/07

I just read Joe's blog. WOW, he has his hands full. Bless is heart! I have family in the Davis, CA area. Maybe I can get them to call in some 4-H help.

I could relate when he talked about the kill buyer calling him. The KB came right down my driveway. I was at work at the time. He asked my husband if we "wanted to get shed of them old horses."  Pete could only laugh at him and responded he'd have to talk with me...suggested he ask where my gun was first.

Funny the man never came back. 

Msg 57 of 6977 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 56
ExcellerFund

12/15/07

Jeanne,

That is too funny!  The KB came down your driveway thinking he could pick up some free flesh?  Boy howdee - he was sure lucky that you were not there at the time!