Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

21 y/o Blind Mare at risk   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by NorthStar326; 10 views.
NorthStar326

12/29/07

I found this ad on another thread and it is posted on a "rescue site".  I am very concerned for this mare.  Is there anyone that can help this mare find a compassionate and safe/or dignified end to her current situation?

I know nothing of this personally, I am just reaching out to more experienced folk than I at what do to here.

cross-post from http://www.pedigreequery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155038#155038

====================

Found this through a link on EquineNow.com banner ad.

This poor mare is 21 y/o and blind and is being offered for free. Does anyone know these people?

This seems a frightening thought for a 21 y/o blind mare to be in this position.

Baby. 21 year old Quarter Horse Mare. Calm. Sweet. 14.2 hands. Would make an excellent lunge horse or gentle lesson horse. We do not have her on site, but I will get a picture up of her as soon as possible. She NEEDS A HOME ASAP!!! The person sponsoring her is out of funds and we don't have space or money to bring her here. She is Blind in both eyes. She can still be ridden in the ring and from what I here about here she does extremely well with her disablity. She is free to a good home. Please fill out an application to receiver her.

http://beechmontstables.homestead.com/HorsesAvail.html

In reply toRe: msg 1
mjwilson4978

12/29/07

BUMP 4 THE SWEETIE!
In reply toRe: msg 1
kckellsbells

12/29/07

Bump for this sweet girl...don't let the KB's get her!!
NorthStar326

12/29/07

***BUMP*** for "BABY" the 21 y/o Blind Mare needs home A.S.A.P.  the ad says she is FREE. 

She needs to get into caring, honorable and responsible hands, even if just to give her a compassionate, dignified and terror-free ending.  She is blind!  Any new situation will be a frightening experience for her.  She seems to need kindness most of all.  ;-(

Baby. 21 year old Quarter Horse Mare. Calm. Sweet. 14.2 hands. Would make an excellent lunge horse or gentle lesson horse. We do not have her on site, but I will get a picture up of her as soon as possible. She NEEDS A HOME ASAP!!! The person sponsoring her is out of funds and we don't have space or money to bring her here. She is Blind in both eyes. She can still be ridden in the ring and from what I here about here she does extremely well with her disablity. She is free to a good home. Please fill out an application to receiver her.

http://beechmontstables.homestead.com/HorsesAvail.html

• Edited 12/29/2007 12:02 pm ET by NorthStar326
kckellsbells

12/29/07

Where is this mare located for those who may be interested?
Msg 18246.6 deleted

12/29/07

I e-mailed the woman who posted the ad to see if she or the sponsor or owner of the mare can register here and post what is needed, whether it's feed, board costs to maintain her, or ?, until she can be rehomed.  I sent the link, hopefully someone will come to post directly about this to seek help -

Msg 8 of 104 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 7
kckellsbells

12/29/07

Thank you, Debbie!
NorthStar326

12/29/07

I'm trying to post address from the ad link (it is a rescue in Cincinnati, Ohio) but it is a graphic and it posts too large.

There is a phone number and address listed under "contact us", if this is unreadable.  I'm 2000 miles away, so know nothing of this rescue or the mare's status.  Can someone local check on her, that actually might be able to help her?

Thanks for caring.  This has me feeling so helpless.  She truly is one of the weakest among us.

3962 Gardner Lane
Cincinnati, OH 45245
(513) 735-4410
Owner/Operator:  Judy Quinlan

Home

Horses Avail

Equi-Kids

Adoption

Lessons

Volunteer

Kudos

Goals

Scouts

Contact
email me
Click anywhere on the map to Zoom in or out!
3962 Gardner Lane
Cincinnati, OH 45245
(513) 735-4410

Owner/Operator:  Judy Quinlan

12/29/07

I hope she can find a home. 21 isn't old for a QH.