Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

1.29 Commemorative Radio Broadcast   Barbaro and Family

Started by Guest; 4 views.

1/7/08

Hi FOBs.  Some of you know about my radio program, The Brunswick Classical Hour, that aired a commemorative broadcast last year of January 29th.  To make a long story short, I've been asked by more than one person to do it again this year.  I think listening to great music in a commemorative setting is a great way to "get through" what promises to be a trying day, so I thought I'd let everyone know about the show ahead of time.

If you go to www.freewebs.com/meclassical you can find how to access the radio station via internet streaming, as well as info on the broadcast itself (go to "special broadcasts" for the 1.29 show).  I hope to "see" many of you on the evening of the 29th (a specific time has not been set yet, but will be posted on the website as soon as it is reserved).  Composers will include Brahms, Stravinsky, and, for the first time, a non-classical musician, James Taylor.

Let other hearts be broken, let other dreams run dry, but let our golden one sail on, sail on, to another land beneath another sky.

~James Taylor

All best,

Jake

Msg 2 of 439 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1

1/7/08

I am marking my calendar now. I think this may just be the thing to help many folks get through a tough day. ( AND I love James Taylor)
Msg 3 of 439 to GuestGuest 
pepsmom1

1/7/08

This sounds excellent - may be exactly what we all need to get through Jan 29.

Thanks, Jake.

Sally in Indy

Msg 4 of 439 to GuestGuest 
MaryDS1

1/7/08

Jake - I want to thank you for something.  When Barbaro left, my heart stayed open as long as I could bear it - then it closed.  In my work, my heart is open for my clients - but only then......    When I read the verse from Neruda, my heart opened - for a little while.  And now - with this one from Taylor.  I don't know if you understand - but I wanted to tell you.

Thank you Jake.

Msg 5 of 439 to GuestGuest 

Jake - since I don't recall ever "seeing" you on ABR, I am going to "blue-link" this thread since I think it's a wonderful (and potentially healing) thing you are doing!

And I agree with Mary....between the quotes from Neruda and Brown, I am just in tears, but strangely comforted at the same time.

YOU ARE A TREASURE!!

Nancy

Msg 6 of 439 to GuestGuest 
LindaVA3

1/7/08

Thanks Jake.  I'm looking forward to it.  I'm sure it will be a wonderful tribute.
Msg 7 of 439 to GuestGuest 
marygran

1/7/08

Jake

As a classical music enthusiast like yourself, I can't wait.  This sounds like a lovely tribute.

Mary in MD 

In reply toRe: msg 7
SmartyFan

1/7/08

This sounds like a wonderful program. Maybe we could hold the vigil during that time to coincide. Lovely tribute.

Msg 9 of 439 to GuestGuest 
LyndaP31

1/7/08

Thanks Jake! It's going to be a very nice tribute. I am looking forward to it.

1/7/08

Oh, I definitely understand--I think most of us here understand!  I see quotes all the time, and think to myself, hmm, that's sorta relevant...then I try to find a piece that brings out what I see in the quote. 

To everyone else...I promise to reply to your messages...so many messages so little time!

Jake