MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

FOB Lori needs our help   General: Non-horse

Started by Barb AZ (bkbeck51); 3 views.
Barb AZ (bkbeck51)

1/7/08

For those of you who remember Lori Y, and for those of you who don't, she has just suffered an incredible loss.

Jean Nolan posted this on the other board:

"Those of you who have been here a long time will recognize the name of Lori Y in California. Lori lives in San Jose, and was at the Golden Gate Fields Barbaro's birthday celebration last year, where I met her. She is a regular volunteer at Redwings Horse Sanctuary out here, and works with the California calling group as well as Friends of TB Friends.

To summarize, Lori lost her home this weekend in a fire, resulting from the extreme weather we experienced. Please put out a good thought for her, as she and her mom are currently in temporary housing. I believe her cats are missing, as well. : (

Those of you who are in Friends of TB Friends or the California call group will be updated through those links, but for the rest of you, since she was one of the names I first encountered on TWR, I wanted to share the info.

I am no longer able to check in every day, as our computer system is now monitored. However, I read and follow the work, as well as making my calls in the Ca. calling group. I miss each and all of you, and send love and best wishes in the new year.

Be well, and remember Lori Y in your prayers/meditations/whatever you do!

Love and comfort to all in need, two-legged and four-legged, and have a Barbaro day, courage and kindness.

- Jean"

If you want to help out, Steph, the leader of the California group has said you can email her.

Please reach out and help.

Thanks.

Steph:

sbreaux1@verizon.net

1/7/08

My prayers are with Lori and her mom.  Hope she had insurance on their home so she can rebuild. Also, hope they find the kitties.

Msg 3 of 59 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2
Barb AZ (bkbeck51)

1/7/08

THAT is what would destroy me. Prayers for her kitties.

1/7/08

Know what you mean. Homes, cars and the like can be replaced with something similar but lives, human/animal cannot. No two are ever alike.

Blessings

In reply toRe: msg 4
Barb AZ (bkbeck51)

1/7/08

Stephanie (California state leader) has agreed to head this up. She and (I believe) the California group will be purchasing gift cards to Mervyn's and Target.

Please consider what we all take for granted, like socks and underwear! These cards will help out Lori IMMEDIATELY.

Of course, it goes without saying, that our first prayers are for her kitties.

Here is Steph's email:

sbreaux1@verizon.net

CathyP52

1/7/08

I am a member of the CA Call Group and Lori works tirelessly on behalf of our horses. She is a very kind and caring individual. Anybody willing to help Lori and her Mom out will indeed be doing a good deed for a deserving individual.
Barbarolvr

1/7/08

Bump for Lori and family.
She does indeed work tirelessly for the horses.
Prayers and good thoughts for her and her family.
Pat
In reply toRe: msg 7
murphsmo3

1/7/08

BUMPITY BUMP FOR LORI.......:)
Barb AZ (bkbeck51)

1/7/08

Bumping and praying for the kitties.
In reply toRe: msg 9
mjwilson4978

1/7/08

BUMP AND PRAYERS FOR LORI & FAMILY