MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Watch Martha Stewart Wed 1/16   Anti Slaughter Issues

Started by AletaPahlNY; 451 views.
AletaPahlNY

1/15/08

I received this message from Barbi Moline in our NY calling group: Every FOB should try to watch and give feedback......this could REALLY get the message out to mass media.

Aleta
*******************************************************************************************

Just wanted to let everyone know that Equine Advocates will be live on the Martha Stewart Show this Wednesday, January 16 at 10am. The show will also be shown via tape in different areas of the country. Susan Wagner, the founder of Equine Advocates wrote the best and most accurate article on horse slaughter I have seen that was published in the Saratoga Summer magazine this summer. It was titled, "One vote can make a difference, the politics of horse slaughter. But it only takes ONE individual to derail the process." Just what Senator Craig is doing now.

• Edited 1/15/2008 2:43 pm ET by AletaPahlNY
In reply toRe: msg 1

1/15/08

3 pm CST on NBC

I will try to catch this show tomorrow.

TeresaC14

1/15/08

Martha has a blog on her website and just posted information and photos of her farrier working on one of her Fresians. It is very interesting and educational. She talks about her horses frequently.
AletaPahlNY

1/15/08

This could just be so great to get the message across to soooo many more people if Martha lets the topic be covered the right way......praying this will be a great segment.

Aleta

lindawilbe

1/15/08

Thanks for the information.  I will tape the show as I will be at work.

Linda Northeast Philly

TeresaC14

1/15/08

Yes, she reaches a lot of people that are unaware of the horse slaughter issues. If you read the blog many of the posters are learning about how to care for horses. And a few share their experiences.
I hope it is done well.
Keeping my fingers crossed...
Teresa
Msg 7 of 69 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2
really920

1/16/08

Don't forget to watch everyone!!!

It is on at 8 am here in Houston Channel 4 fox I think!

Check your local listings!!!

• Edited 1/16/2008 8:17 am ET by really920

2 pm Eastern Standard Time here in CT - I've notified all the Naughty Nutmeggers, and hoped they remembered to tape it!

I'll be watching...

Verna9060

1/16/08

It is on now, the only horse related subject she has talked about was her horses foot and showed a picture of it. No mention so far of horse slaughter. Hope it is coming up soon will be off in 10 min's. Not sure if it comes on later here or not and may be on that airing instead.
WendyinMI (wendrew)
Staff

1/16/08

Susan Wagner is suppose to be a guest on the show.  Susan will be bringing up the slaughter issue.  It's even posted on her website that Susan is to be a guest. 

Here is a link to a list of today's guests 

• Edited 1/16/2008 10:01 am ET by WendyinMI (wendrew)