The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Jackjack-Double G-NC   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 3/10/08 by DoubleGStabl; 8 views.
DoubleGStabl

3/10/08

Well, it's been a little while, but here's some Jackjack news.

Jackjack is Loving life here these days!

He has all but recovered from his gelding and is having fun in the pastures. He gets to run with Ophelya and Angelica the mini mare. 

He has just fallen in lose with Ophelya, and she wants NOTHING to do with the poor guy. He just follows her around admirering her from a distance. He even Brays for her when she goes out riding!

Our mini mare wants nothing to do with Jackjack. She is pregnant so we are not sure if she still thinks he's a stallion or if she is just "donkey prejudice"

DoubleGStabl

3/11/08

So sweet and innocent right?

Not if you ask my husband!

My poor husband. I told him to let Jackjack out on Saturday. I had to be at work all day and knew Jackjack would want to go out. Jackjack has figured out that if I open his stall door and open the gate he is supposed to go out. He is a smart guy and figured this out quick. So, I knew it would be easy for my hubby to put him out.

Well, Jackjack has figured out that he can "switch" pastures by going between the fence boards that separate the pastures. I told my hubby to keep an eye on him since I didn't want him over with the other girls just yet.

So, jackjack switched pastures and my husband went out to move him. After 45mins of bribbing and coaxing he put him back in his pasture. He turned around and walked out of the pasture and turned around to lock the gate and Jackjack was standing right behind him, in the wrong pasture!

This time Jackjack wanted nothing to do with going back to his own pasture. Everytime my husband would get near him he would run away kicking a bucking the whole time! My husband swore he was laughing at him. So they played this game for almost 2 hours, when my husband finally gave up and called our friend for help.

After all the chasing he did, my husband told our friend, you catch him! So she walked into the pasture and called Jackjack.  He promptly came running right up to her and let her put his halter on and walk him away. It took 5 minutes. Boy was hubby mad!! 

After hearing the story when I got home I could help but laugh!! My husband said it's not funny now, but maybe in a few weeks he MIGHT see the humor in it.

jamielsg

3/11/08

That is priceless Tamara! and yes, Jackjack looks very sweet and innocent! God love him! Jamie
DoubleGStabl

3/11/08

We just love this little character! He is finally starting to act like a happy little 2 yr old!

jamielsg

3/11/08

Okay, that's a kissable face if I've ever seen one!! Please do the honors for me since I can't!!! What a sweet baby....so glad he knows he's safe! Thanks Tamara.....for all you do for God's innocent equines! Love, Jamie
DoubleGStabl

3/11/08

I'd be happy to! You really just can't help but want to love him and hug him and kiss him!

Good thing he likes attention!

issueno3

3/11/08

Jackjack is so darn cute! I love the pictures, how can anyone not love this little guy.

That is funny that your husband turned around to see Jackjack standing there. It is great that he ,too, knows it will be funny somethime in the future.

Lynn

3/11/08

Well you will need to pucker up some more...you have to give him some kisses from me.  He is soooo adorable...I love his pictures!!

3/11/08

Hmmm, I'm thinking that Jackjack is a ladies man. He likes you and your friend but not poor hubby. Does Jackjack have a new name? "that d--- donkey!" lol Double D at Double G. I am surprised that Ophelya doesn't like Jackjack. I thought she had a thing for short guys. Didn't she have Nuggy come with her on her trip to you? She used to raise heck when she didn't know where he was. Tell Jackjack to hang in there. Sometimes love takes a while. :)
Rose
beverly25410

3/11/08

He looks so sad.  Maybe after gelding he is thinking of all the beautiful Miss Donkeys he won't see.