The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Epona lost Big Mama today...   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 3/21/08 by Mom2Precious (horselover57); 2 views.

There is always a balance in life, when I went to the barn this morning I found my beloved Big Momma  out in the early morning sun as she loves to do.. She had gone out and died in the sunshine just minutes before I got to the barn. I had to wait to share her passing with all of you. I needed to let the people know where she had come from. They were very poor and struggled to care for her and then sent her to Epona when they could not meet her needs. Regardless of their short comings this mare was deeply loved by them.

As I got to know her over the past few months, I also grew to love her very much. Mamma was the first to greet you and the sweetest mare. She loved people and especially children.

Run Free Momma, you are sorely missed:

Photobucket

3/21/08

OHHH Lin:

I am so sorry for the loss of Big Mama,

How old was she? It  sounded like a peaceful end for her.

How Sad on this Good Friday. 

Msg 3 of 50 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2

Thank you she was only 18 but had a very hard time of it. She is a greatly missed girl and the barn will be empty without her happer good morning whinney. I will have to concentrate on the good and how she touched all our lives...

Lin

CherylJone2

3/22/08

Lin, i am so very sorry.   how hard that must have been for you, but I hope you are comforted knowing she passed over gently and peacefully, warmed by the beautiful spring sun.

I can visualize her and Nellie the Percheron PMU mare and her foal Angel passing through the light.   It was a sad day for us here today, but a joyful one in Heaven.

See you again one day, sweet Mama

Yes, She is strong, painfree and racing on the meadows of the heavens... Her passing was balanced with the new foal that came on the same day at Epona, Tilley foaled and had a strong healthy stud colt..

Lin

MargieM17

3/22/08

Lin, I am very sorry for your loss. May Big Momma rest in peace and love.

Margie

rebazgr2

3/22/08

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm happy she was probably doing one of her favorite things.
turelsm

3/22/08

oh i am so very sorry lin
you did so good by her and bless those folks for bringing her to you ..she obviousy didnt want you to see her leave.
.maybe..
in the sun
she is so lovley
look at her coat./she ascended on spring.
.the time of transformation.bless your work--
love
martita

3/22/08

Sorry to hear this Lin.         But while she was with you she had a good life and was loved by many.   Dwell on the good things, and rejoice in the things that made you laugh about her.

3/22/08

She looks so sweet and lovely.........

I am so sorry for your loss. May the sun shine down upon her forever.