POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Tierra Madre's Hay Drive   Horse Rescue Issues

Started 4/3/08 by tierramadre; 3 views.
tierramadre

4/3/08

Hi Everybody:

I'd like to announce the First Annual "Ol-As-Dirt Jim & Sweet Little Dawnie's Happy Birthday Hay Drive".

My favorite little girl, Dawn, & I share the same birthday (April 13th, for those scoring at home).  Dawnie's a white ("flea-bitten grey", actually, but I hate that term) little Arabian mare who stands about 15 hands.  She's the Queen of the May among the 9 kids who live in the field.  Every day, we have to go through the Little Dawnie Scratching Ritual, where she shows me EXACTLY where she wants to be scratched (belly, butt, thigh, withers, neck, pastern - the list goes on....and on).  If I'm not listening & scratch in the wrong place, that cute little head snaps around with teeth bared. "Not there, you fool....THERE!"

Anyway, we'll need another 25 tons of hay delivered in the next few weeks & I don't want to go into panic mode like the last time when all you guys were so generous & bailed us out at the last minute.

Because Dawnie will be 57 years old & I'll be 18 (or is it the other way around?), the totals of our ages comes to 75.  Wow.  A $75 donation on our website's PayPal thing seems to fit nicely, don't you agree?  'Course, anything you can do, either on the website or thru the mail would be greatly welcomed by this cold, cold heart & the warm, warm hearts of all the 'kids' here at Tierra Madre.

Thanks for everything you've done for us so far, not only monetarily, but emotionally.  The messages I receive from you guys give me the sustenance to know we're doing the right thing here & it'll all be okay.

Once again, hear the words of Chief Seattle:

"When the earth is sick, the animals will begin to disappear.  When that happens, the Warriors of the Rainbow will come to save them."

You guys are Warriors.

Thanks.

Jim

Barb AZ (bkbeck51)

4/3/08

What a wonderful idea! I'm just glad we're not adding your and my age together! LOL
Barb AZ (bkbeck51)

4/3/08

Where is everybody? Bump! for Tierra Madre! They do great stuff there. Let's help them out!

4/3/08

Bumping for the precious artists!

Sharon

4/3/08

Because I'm only 25 (ha!!! ha !!! - in my own mind) I will send $25 + paypal fees to be sure that Dawnie has a good birthday.  My grey Arab, Crystal, who is 25 wants to wish Dawnie many happy birthdays.

CrystallongingMarch2008.jpg image by moserls

Linda

Barb AZ (bkbeck51)

4/3/08

Since I act like a two year old most of time, and you even less, here is my pledge for $3.00! LOL

C'mon folks, let's help these horse artists out!

Ruffian26

4/3/08

Dear Barb, at least the horses can benefit from me being older than dirt! Melissa K.
Barb AZ (bkbeck51)

4/3/08

You and Jim! LOL Thank the sweet lord I'm not as old as you guys!
Ruffian26

4/3/08

Dear BarnGoddess, please don't rub it in! LOL Melissa K.
Barb AZ (bkbeck51)

4/3/08

Why not? LOL
Quite frankly, I don't even know how old you are. You don't look a day over 39! Also, quite frankly, even though I've never met Frank, I'm pretty close to Jim's age!