MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

IN HONOR OF BARBARO'S BIRTHDAY   Barbaro and Family

Started by ShelleyA1551; 7 views.
ShelleyA1551

4/6/08

With Barbaro’s birthday coming up on April 29, we know that many people would like to celebrate his life. 

Roy and Gretchen Jackson are appreciative that so many of you have turned your energy into causes that support our horses.  They are pleased that each of you has found a certain path to follow in doing this work.

To honor Barbaro’s memory on April 29, nothing would please them more than if you would remember the wonderful words of one of our own FOB’s who believed that Barbaro himself would have said:

”Please finish these unfinished tasks of mine and therefore I will comfort you”

They would very much appreciate if you continue to finish these tasks and honor Barbaro’s birth date by continuing to support laminitis research.  As you know, the Jackson’s have made a tremendous commitment to this cause. 

Also, for those of you who have chosen another path, many of our rescues are facing serious financial problems with the rising cost of hay and feed.  A donation to the rescue of your choice would also be a wonderful way to honor Barbaro.

The Jackson’s also ask that you remember that money is NOT the only way to give in remembrance of Barbaro.  Just to be kind and caring of any animal is a gift not only to the recipient but also to the giver.  “Barbaro’s spirit runs freely….in loving and caring for an animal, we are loving and caring for Barbaro.”

Whatever you choose to do in Barbaro’s honor, you will be finishing his unfinished tasks!!

4/6/08

Shelley, will do. When did the Jacksons tell you that?
Msg 3 of 52 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2
ShelleyA1551

4/6/08

Gretchen Jackson told me that last week when I mentioned that the FOB's would want to honor Barbaro's birthday.
MJ42903

4/6/08

I am marking it down as a great day to donate.  Thanks Shelley!
SmartyFan

4/6/08

I'll be at Horse Feathers Oklahoma, comforting some of Barbaro's brothers & sisters.

Happy Birthday, BBH!

In reply toRe: msg 1

4/6/08

Hi Everyone!

Prior to Shelley's post, rescues across the country had already begun planning to honor Barbaro's Legacy. In fact, 7 rescues and one small group of FOB's in northern California will be honoring his legacy in helping the horses across the country on April 26th. Colorado is honoring Barbaro's legacy on April 12th.

We all loved and admired Barbaro's spirit and his courage and it is in this that we are carrying on his legacy.

The rescues participating represent the states of NY, RI, MD, PA, TX,
OK, FL and CA and of course CO.

I have met Gretchen and Roy Jackson on several occasions and they are very gracious and supportive of all the FOB's and how we will not let Barbaro be forgotten.

Barbaro's legacy will live forever in our hearts. It is in our actions that we continue to show everyone across this country and the world how such a courageous horse has inspired each and every one of us to be better human beings and to treat others and that includes animals with the same compassion which the Jacksons showed our beloved Barbaro during his life and struggle.

ShelleyA1551

4/7/08

That's what it's all about!! 
Lyngil10

4/7/08

Shelley, thanks for posting this...I'm glad to read that Mr.and Mrs. Jackson are giving their support...and that Barbaro's legacy continues to spiral outward and help so many other animals and humans.

Healing,Love, Peace
ONS
Padme (Lyn G)

Msg 9 of 52 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 6
Barb AZ (bkbeck51)

4/7/08

Add AZ:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/alexbrown/messages?msg=21817.1

We are meeting at Tierra Madre where the horses are painting a picture to be signed by the Jacksons.

4/7/08

Hi Shelly,

I will make sure to make a donation to the Rescue I work at here in CT. Everytime I am there I see Barbaro before me, the herd is well taken care of talked to and most important loved the way they should be.

Take Care,

Renee