The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

PURE THOUGHTS RESCUE UPDATES   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 4/11/08 by JenFL (jswan0415); 4 views.
JenFL (jswan0415)

4/11/08

OK...this is it.. I promise this is the one thread that we will put ANY AND ALL updates on . It will not involved fundraising or other issues it will be simply for the rescues updates. This way I don't start new threads that get lost and everyone has a home base to come back to. Also if you do not see an update on someone and would like one.... please feel free to ask!!

Thanks Everyone.

Jen

FIRST UPDATE..

Here is Priscilla she is a paint mare that was pulled from the killpens at Sugarcreek during the Home for the Holidays 2007 rescue mission. Here is Priscilla in all her beautiful glory... she is such a special girl and she knows it. When I think of her in the killpen and how the other horses were attacking her and I see her now and I know her, I cannot imagine the fear and the confusion going through her.. She must have thought.. WHY AM I HERE??? She is AWESOME to ride. She knows it all and does it well.. She is great.... nothing more I can say about this special painted girl.

Photobucket
JenFL (jswan0415)

4/11/08

Here is Falcon, he was also rescued during the Home for the Holidays 2007 Rescue Mission. He is very quiet, very sweet and oh so loving.... Always has is head the farthest out of the stall as if to say.. Me first me first. He is such a sweet boy. Would make someone a great horse. He is very loving, very respectful and definitely looking for his special someone.

Photobucket
JenFL (jswan0415)

4/11/08

Jewel & Jackson they were also rescued from the Home for the Holidays 2007 rescue mission. 

Look at this Momma and Baby... he loves her so much I cannot imagine their last goodbye would be at the auction... how horrible. I am so happy they made it together. Jewel needs some tuning up as far as riding just like any draft but we were shocked at how great she was.... phenomenal.. Jackson took to his bath just fine and spent time on the "thinking port"...a perfect place for young colts to think about what they just learned.

Look at Jewels inside fetlock.. she has a cute little marking there.
Photobucket
JenFL (jswan0415)

4/11/08

This is Cheyenne she and he baby were both rescue at the HFH 2007 rescue mission. It has been a sad past two days here we had to wean her from her baby and Jewel fron Jackson... it breaks my heart to hear them cry out.

This gal is about 18 years old and had her baby on her side. We  just weaned him yesterday.. since he is almost bigger than she is. She is very very sweet and would make some little girl or boy a very special pony. She loves attention.... and did not to be sent to auction with her baby...none of them do!!

Photobucket
JenFL (jswan0415)

4/11/08

Here are some pictures of Poco Straight, a beautiful mare that we got from AC4H. YOu guys did an awesome job with her..not many woudl have given her the time or the care she requires.... GREAT JOB!! Thanks so much for giving her a second chance. She is very happy in Apopka. Alan refers to her as nosey... she has her nose into everything and everytime you pass her stall her head is out for a rub.. She is so sweet..

Photobucket
JenFL (jswan0415)

4/11/08

This is William... our first nursemare foal.

The second picture is an picture from last summe... Do you think he grew??LOL Apparently bucket feeding is not all bad.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
RunwayLlamas

4/11/08

William is drop dead GORGEOUS!!!  I am developing a weakness for the drafts.
MaryLOhio

4/11/08

Maybe you can see if Wendy or Alex can move this to Updates for Horses so it won't get buried and hard for you to find later on.. Will be easier to find under the Updates than here..  
beverly25410

4/11/08

Bump for Pure Thoughts.

4/11/08

We have a thread there already that we started and I reactivated......I think Jen missed the memo!!! LOL