MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

SMM: Liberty & Asia need help   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by dcsmmi; 22 views.
dcsmmi

4/24/08

Hi everyone -

Very shortly I'll be headed out to meet animal control and will pick up two very starved, very emaciated horses. Both would easily score a 'one'. These two could very easily be the worst starvation case I've seen.

Right now, I need your good vibes and well wishes for these two horses. To be honest, I don't know if we can save them. For now, I need to try, and I need to worry about simply getting them in the trailer safely. From there I'll be headed directly to Bailey Vet Clinic for exams for both.

If we can bring these guys back, we're going to need lots of senior grain, probiotic, and hay pellets. I'll post as soon as I can about other needs.

I hope to have picture to you by noon.... (and will be asking someone to post them please?)

Wish me luck...

Darla

cmc50

4/24/08

Bump!  Terrible...
kckellsbells

4/24/08

Prayers for these horses.

4/24/08

Post when you can.
PRAYERS!!!!!

4/24/08

Darla,
I never got your other e-mail.
e-mail:
laura@passionsrescue.com
if you need anything.
(((hug)))

4/24/08

Prayers for these 2 souls.  Too many neglected ones out there.

Stephanie in Ca

4/24/08

Oh my......these horses are in my prayers.  I will send some money in two weeks.......I'm so sorry that people are just so rotten....
midknight1

4/24/08

Darla, thinking about these 2 horses and hoping for the best.

Jen

jamielsg

4/24/08

Darla. Prayers for these 2 precious lives.....God please put your hedge of protection around Darla and the 2 horses........in Jesus' name, AMEN. Jamie
In reply toRe: msg 9
dcsmmi

4/24/08

Thanks everyone. We're going to need alot of prayers. Seeing what I've seen today - makes you realize how small and insignificant you are. I'm not sure how we're going to do, but I need a miracle.

I've sent (trying to send) an email to a couple of you. It has 6 pictures, so I'm not sure if my slow dial up will let the email go out. If someone would be so kind as to post the pictures?

Asia and Liberty have arrived home at Strawberry Mountain. Both are very emaciated - as you will soon see. The next most horrific thing is that you can not put a finger on either of these horses without touching lice. The vet agreed, this is the worst case we've seen. Too bad they're too hard to take a picture of. I've already dusted both, and the dead bugs are falling off of them like snow flakes. I will brush them tomorrow then re-dust.

I was able to clean out Asia's feet and treat her horrible thrush. Liberty is too weak to stand on 3 legs - so he will have to wait. I can tell you that neither of them have a frog left, and both have rocks grown into their hoof walls.

I can't say too much, I don't think, because this is under investigation. I'll be writing up my summary and picking up the vet's statement in the next day or two and will present it to the DA and investigating officer. I will go so far as to say I have pictures of an acre "LAWN" that the horses were not allowed to graze on, and I witnessed 2 vehicles - new/used - with new dealer plates on them. The owner had a new set of acrylic nails. Girls...it was all I could do to get myself out of there without getting arrested.

I need a shower and something to eat.... will check in later...

Darla

Strawberry Mountain Mustangs Inc
An Oregon 501(c)(3) Non Profit Organization
Our Wiki Page

• Edited 4/14/2009 2:44 pm by dcsmmi