Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Concerns & Observations-   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Guest; 1762 views.

5/23/08

You seem like a reasonable person, you may want to know what you are getting into when making comments on Debbie's behalf.

She isn't "getting out just in the nick of time" She was asked to vacate the property as of June 1, 2008 back in December of 2007. The owners of the property live in the same town as she does. She was told that she was to have no more then the 18 horses she moved in with on the property, yet now has 45+. She was given FREE rent in exchange for helping out at the local shelter, but when the local shelter had to go in and SEIZE their fostered dogs back because she refused to release them, they asked her to stop volunteering.....still she was allowed to stay rent free. She was told that fences needed to be repaired before horses could use the property, but never repaired any. The neighbors complain on a daily basis about the loose horses in the road and loose dogs chasing their cattle. She has completely trashed the property, which is going to costs an arm and a leg to clean and fix when she leaves, she has allowed horses INTO the house. The landowners friends have been present and witnessed first hand an old mare who was in a stall unable to stand, the stall was flooded. They desperately tried to help get the mare to her feet, but the mare was unable. Debbie told them to leave because she needed to get to feeding the other horses. That poor mare was left there to die, down in the mud. On another occasion friends of the landowners were asked to help when an animal was down and couldn't rise. Debbie stated that she had no money for a vet, so they shot the horse. She then left it for the coyotes and presumably her own dogs to eat. The property is covered in a couple of feet deep layer of hay/manure/urine/muck and the 45 horses are forced to live in it. So no, the landowners are certainly NOT jealous, they are disgusted!!!!!!! The landlady works for the local shelter and has many horses of her own, enough to know that thre is no way that Debbie can properly care for the horses she has. I am sure these landowners who have let Debbie stay at their place rent free all this time and run it into the ground do NOT appreciate being trashed here in a public forum for doing the right thing.

Msg 123 of 169 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 122
tierramadre

5/23/08

Oh.

Jim

In reply toRe: msg 123
betonbill

5/23/08

Let me just insert one comment here.  In the early days of TWR there was a horse rescue conducted on the site by a small rescue.  After the fact there was a very well organized and very verbal attempt to discredit that particular rescue, which included other well known rescues and other people who were well thought of on the board at that time.  As far as I know, nothing ultimately came of that well orchestrated (on board and off board) attempt to discredit the rescue.  They have a small group of extremely loyal followers who contribute to that rescue, reports from visitors are enthusiastic, and now, two-plus years later none of the former accusations appear to have been based on anything other than wild speculation. 

I am taking no sides in any of the current discussions.  However, facts can be twisted and changed to look like something they perhaps are not and other information overlooked in the drama of the moment.    

5/23/08

Thank you, Bill! You are the voice of reason SO many times!

5/23/08

I agree.

Rob

5/23/08

A perfect example of what Mustang Hearts has been, and still is dealing with. Another drive-by, by a first time poster. They are always first time posters because they don't have the wherewithall to post under their real identities. If you believe all that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

Keep up the good dialogue Jim, it's only about the horses. ALWAYS, only about the horses. By the way, I have the picture of Moose painting for the Barbaro celebration on my "trophy" wall. He looks like a real gentleman. I'd like to meet him sometime. You, too. Thanks so much.
darlene

For the love of Barbaro

God bless us, everyone!

edited for sp. sorry.

• Edited 5/23/2008 6:51 pm ET by dfromjersey
Msg 128 of 169 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 127

5/23/08

It's all true and I posted under my real name. Maybe someone should ask Debbie who I am. Had to change my name now because apparently I was blocked for telling the truth.

Msg 129 of 169 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 122

5/23/08

The only people trashing here are the ones who come here to trash rescues that are not on their "approved" list. It has been brought up ad nauseum how you feel or whoever your little group is and how they feel about Mustang Hearts. You have accused us of being stupid, not having horses and the whole can of worms. Obviously people here do not agree with you and they don't appreciate the constant badgering and belittlement and it doesn't seem as if you are making much headway except to make yourself look bad. You are entitled to your feelings and you do have a place you get to say whatever you want and however you want to say it. Here it is another story because this group is here for another purpose. The "he said, she said" dialogue doesn't work here.

If you do help horses then that is wonderful. Even though many of us have different methods whatever you do to help is great, but go do your own thing and leave those who are not interested in your opinions alone.

Msg 130 of 169 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 127
tierramadre

5/23/08

Darlene:

I'm sorry I didn't answer this sooner, but it's been one of those days.  Just think - ol' Moosie up on the wall in Jersey.   I'll tell him first thing in the morning.  Thanks also for the very kind words.

Where in New Jersey are you?  I used to live in Englewood.

And remember,

"My gold neither sparkles nor jingles.  It glistens in the sunlight & whinnies in the darkness."

Cheers,

Jim

5/24/08

Montclair...
: )
we must have met.
PATH train?