MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Concerns & Observations-   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Guest; 1761 views.
Msg 128 of 169 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 127

5/23/08

It's all true and I posted under my real name. Maybe someone should ask Debbie who I am. Had to change my name now because apparently I was blocked for telling the truth.

Msg 129 of 169 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 122

5/23/08

The only people trashing here are the ones who come here to trash rescues that are not on their "approved" list. It has been brought up ad nauseum how you feel or whoever your little group is and how they feel about Mustang Hearts. You have accused us of being stupid, not having horses and the whole can of worms. Obviously people here do not agree with you and they don't appreciate the constant badgering and belittlement and it doesn't seem as if you are making much headway except to make yourself look bad. You are entitled to your feelings and you do have a place you get to say whatever you want and however you want to say it. Here it is another story because this group is here for another purpose. The "he said, she said" dialogue doesn't work here.

If you do help horses then that is wonderful. Even though many of us have different methods whatever you do to help is great, but go do your own thing and leave those who are not interested in your opinions alone.

Msg 130 of 169 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 127
tierramadre

5/23/08

Darlene:

I'm sorry I didn't answer this sooner, but it's been one of those days.  Just think - ol' Moosie up on the wall in Jersey.   I'll tell him first thing in the morning.  Thanks also for the very kind words.

Where in New Jersey are you?  I used to live in Englewood.

And remember,

"My gold neither sparkles nor jingles.  It glistens in the sunlight & whinnies in the darkness."

Cheers,

Jim

5/24/08

Montclair...
: )
we must have met.
PATH train?
Msg 132 of 169 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 131
tierramadre

5/24/08

Nah....I started riding the Red & Tan lines, then drove for years, then finished up by taking the New York Waterways ferry (the very BEST way, BTW).

Montclair, huh?  Isn't that where the rich folk live?  Ah, but if you're one of the dashing commuters on the PATH trains, you must not be one of 'em.

To quote Joe Piscopo, "Hi!  I'm from Jersey!"  Ain't it great being part of the B & T crowd?

Jim

5/24/08

I rode the train, then the bus.
Driving was for the truly insane only.
: )
PassionsMom Wiki Page
  • Edited 5/24/2008 1:49 am by Passionsmom2
Msg 134 of 169 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 122
MargieM17

5/24/08

The landowner revealed what kind of person she is when she let a private email that she had written to Debbie be posted all over the internet. Just because a person owns property and has money does not mean they have any integrity. While it was kind of her to allow the horses and Debbie to stay on the property for as long as she did, her behavior in regard to Debbie's privacy is deplorable by any standard of decency. The internet has its purpose, but broadcasting private matters to anyone with an online connection should not be one of them.

The truth is that Mustang Hearts has financial support from an unknown anonymous source, and some people cannot stand it. That is their problem. It is obvious that they do not care for the horses.

You make some serious accusations and contradict yourself at the same time. If everyone left at Debbie's request, then how did anyone know what happened to the downed mare. The idea that Debbie would let someone shoot one of her horses is ridiculous. That is not to say that anyone would not use those means in an emergency, if an animal was suffering and it was the quickest or only way to help the animal. I'd do it myself if I had to.

Debbie has a vet. She supports Debbie. She is adopting one of her horses. A statement of support by her vet was posted at ABR. But those who are against Mustang Hearts continued to denigrate not only her, but her vet on another online site. Anything that contradicts her detractors points-of-view can not be true.

I won't be posting to you again.

Margie

• Edited 5/24/2008 12:59 am ET by MargieM17
Teri4686

5/24/08

This topic of how our donations are spent reminds me of when my husband and I were first married and his reaction to his first attendence at my church.  He was angered about the collection basket and he felt the experience was all about money.  I explained to him that being a pastor, priest, etc., is a job and their is a family depending on his salary just like any other family.  He never said a word after that and became a lot more charitable.  As a donator, when I donate, I do not care how the rescuer spends it as long as it goes to the total operation of the rescue.  That may include a truck or a computer to keep in touch with info needed or a root canal so they can continue on with the care of horses.  To me, non-profit means just that.  This person has dedicated thier life to rescue and care of horses instead of taking a job with a steady income.  They have human needs that allows them to be able to do what they do.  They should get compensation for what they do - it is hard work, so I just don't care where my money goes as long as horses are saved and well-cared for. 

5/24/08

"To me, non-profit means just that.  This person has dedicated thier life to rescue and care of horses instead of taking a job with a steady income.  They have human needs that allows them to be able to do what they do.  They should get compensation for what they do - it is hard work, so I just don't care where my money goes as long as horses are saved and well-cared for. "

While I completely understand what you are saying, there is a difference in how funds can be used based on whether you are donating to an individual or a tax-exempt organization.  When you say "this person," if you mean an individual, he or she can do pretty much what she wants to with money given as a gift.  If you are talking about someone representing a TEO, not so much.  There are pretty strict rules about individuals "benefitting" from funds, goods or services donated to the organization.   Individuals working for TEO's can be paid "reasonable" salaries, which would have been approved by the Board of Directors, but other than that, they can not spend organization funds on themselves.  Just like in the example about a church pastor -- what's collected in the plate during service goes into the church coffers, then the pastor receives a pre-set salary.  He doesn't just put the collection plate funds in his personal account.

Chris

Msg 137 of 169 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 136
Teri4686

5/24/08

Yes, I understand how it all works, but the bottom line is the horses.  I do not care how my money is used as long as the horses are taken care of to the max.  My point is that I have seen many people on here ask for their money back and I am saying maybe we should trust a little more that these people know what their needs are and where the money needs to go to best operate their rescue.  If my money compensates them for their hard work in any way that does not bother me.  Even though it is a choice they made, things in their own life that they did not expect happens.  Life is unpredictable for all of us.