The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Exceller: Take A Chance -Look at me now!   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 6/7/08 by ExcellerFund; 3 views.
ExcellerFund

6/7/08

Priscilla finally had some nice weather, and Chance stayed out of rolling in any mud puddles that he could find long enough for her to take these photos.

What a beautiful boy he is - and this would not have been possible without the generous support of the Fans of Barbaro. 

TakeAChance-2008-05a.jpg Take A Chance picture by Exceller

TakeAChance-2008-05b.jpg Take A Chance picture by Exceller

TakeAChance-2008-05c.jpg Take A Chance picture by Exceller

As you can see in this last photo, Chance REALLY wants a job!  Priscilla and I are trying to brainstorm some ideas to get him to a trainer or ways to bring in more prospective adopters.  With the rise in gas prices, Priscilla says less and less people are willing to drive all the way to Tehachapi to see a horse.

ExcellerFund

6/7/08

Just as a reminder - it was a year ago on Mother's Day that Chance looked like this:

TakeAChance4-1.jpg Take A Chance - before surgery picture by Exceller

Thanks to the funds raised by the Fans of Barbaro for the surgery, and the donation of the hospital costs by the Southern California Equine Foundation (they run the equine hospital that serves Santa Anita and Hollywood Park), a few days later, here is Chance post surgery:

TakeAChance14.jpg Take A Chance - after surgery picture by Exceller

Thank you again for all of your generous support.  Next mission:  Find Chance a home!!!

6/7/08

Thanks for the great photos, what a handsome boy.

6/7/08

Bonnie,

I really love this guy! He is gorgeous. If I could have a horse, he would be the one.

Weldon54

6/7/08

Bonnie, is there info on your website about Chance? He's GORGEOUS!!!!!

Faye

ExcellerFund

6/7/08

Yes - if you go to our site and click on Our Horses, you can scroll down the thumbnails and click on his photo for the info.

The direct page is here:  http://www.excellerfund.org/horses/TakeAChance.htm  I am in the process of getting a new webmaster to update our pages (and add new horses!).

He is also on the website for Tranquility Farm under their Adoptable Horses / Currently Available tab - or you can view directly at:  http://www.tranquilityfarmtbs.org/enlargement_take-a-chance.htm

Right now he is in Tehachapi which is just east of Mojave.  If you know someone looking for a nice dressage prospect, Priscilla says he is a great mover!  We'll have to see if we can get some video!

Weldon54

6/7/08

I do know someone....her 26 year old OTTB just had to be retired and is now a beautiful pasture ornament. She needs a new OTTB, as she is into dressage, as well as pleasure riding. Perfect home....heaven on earth type of situation!

I sent them the information on Chance. He is one gorgeous guy!

Faye

swedishkat
Staff

6/7/08

WOW - our boy looks stunning! And he has fattened up nicely :)  Kat
MJ42903

6/7/08

There's our guy.  I just love him.  Bonnie I can help with extra $'s if that helps you entice a trainer out there for him.  Just let me know.

Thanks to everyone for the tremondous effort.

Pharlap31

6/7/08

Maybe you should post Chance in action on You Tube also?