MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Sponsorship Opp. for Unwanted Horse Mtg.   Anti Slaughter Issues

Started by VABarb; 8 views.
VABarb

6/11/08

Hi All,

Alex and I have been discussing sponsoring next week's Unwanted Horse meeting here in DC.  As many have read, the program is heavily biased to pro-slaughter interests.  We were originally offered sponsorship of the coffee break.  Signage with our selected name would be placed at the station and the name would appear in the program.  Unfortunately, it was given to AHA who is now (oddly) advertising their "American Certified Humane" program which certifies the humane care and handling of food animals.  I guess they've opted to see horses as food.

Happily, we've now been given the opportunity to sponsor the pastries (even better than coffee, so take that AHA!).  So... we somewhat quickly need input on what said sign should say.  We feel it's important that said statement reflects a clear anti-slaughter message, to help provide some needed balance.  And if mom is right about the way to people's hearts is through their stomachs -- we're in good stead.

Let us know if you have ideas....  any help towards the $600 sponsorship price would be greatly appreciated.  I'm not familiar with how to post on the Main Board, but if someone could do this, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks!

In reply toRe: msg 1
really920

6/11/08

Sorry Barb I have a bad attitude at the moment and can only think of mean things.  I will try to get an attitude adjustment and come up with an idea.  Be back later.  When do you have to have the ideas?

6/11/08

crossposting for you to Comments.

6/11/08

copied your post 1 to Comments here:

Posted by: C. Jaffe at June 11, 2008 10:12 PM

Msg 5 of 42 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 4
VABarb

6/11/08

THANKS!
VABarb

6/11/08

I understand completely.  I'm having a similar day.... As my friend said: "turn that frown upside down!".

I probably need to give them a go/no go decision tomorrow morning.

Thx!

MaryAinMI

6/11/08

SLAUGHTER IS NOT THE ONLY OPTION

(I'm trying to think of things that won't necessarily make people queasy while they are munching on pastries.)

SLAUGHTER - THE WORST OPTION

WE NEED RESPONSIBILITY, NOT SLAUGHTER, TO FIX THE PROBLEM ... or just RESPONSIBILITY, NOT SLAUGHTER.

My CANTER license plate frame says "THOROUGHBREDS ... IMAGINE NO LIMITS".  Maybe some kind of offshoot of that to cover all horses?

Where should I mail my donation towards the $600 cost?

MaryAinMI

6/11/08

Thinking of The Unwanted Horse Coalition ... "A COALITION OF RESPONSIBILITY"

"BREEDERS, OWNERS - A COALITION OF RESPONSIBILITY"

alexbrown4
Staff

6/11/08

some good ideas.  we should not include a slogan that even considers slaughter an option though.  cheers, alex