MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Buster saved from SugarCreek- pics!   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 7/7/08 by LynsWins; 4 views.
LynsWins

7/7/08

I am posting this in the horse rescue folder so everyone can see... Sandy sent me two pictures of her boy Buster, who was saved at the SugarCreek auction, even after she had told the trainer that she would take him back when he was done racing. She said these are of when he was 2 months old. WHAT A CUTIE!!!!! Thought you all might like to see them!

Buster2mo.jpg picture by lynettelk

Busterwithmomma.jpg picture by lynettelk

PattyTx1

7/7/08

Thanks for posting Buster's picture, Lynn.  Sandy's story about how he was saved at Sugar Creek is amazing.  He really is a cutie patootie!!

Patty

wit3333

7/7/08

Adorable..What a cutie.
LynsWins

7/7/08

Here's some more of the latest on Buster

He's one lucky horse for sure. He's still in VA with my friend there. The trainer is going to work with him, adores him.  Everybody around is amazed at how sweet and level headed he is, not spooking at anything, etc. If he's really lucky, he'll stay there and get to run with the foxhounds. Else, he'll come home to be a pasture ornament. If he stays there, and I'm pretty sure he will, we're planning to go visit him over Thanksgiving.
S.

7/7/08

What a nice story to start my day, thanking you for posting it. He sure is cute.
PattyTx1

7/7/08

Thanks Lyn.  I just got a package today from Sandy with a little booklet she put together to bring to the TX FOB Barbaro celebration next Saturday. She had the whole story of Buster's rescue, pictures of him as a foal, a picture of him today with her friend in VA, a picture of him crossing the finish line first at Sam Houston, and the winners circle picture of that race.  On the front she put in big bold letters "FOBs RULE" and then "thank you, thank you, thank you for saving Buster's life".  It was such a surprise!  She told me she was going to send his picture, but I didn't expect that!  She is so grateful.  It is just a joy to be a small part of this story.

Patty

MJ42903

7/7/08

What a sweet colt.
LynsWins

7/7/08

Sandy is a FANTASTIC person! She told me all she was sending, and even though she was sending you the couple I posted, I hope you were still surprised with the rest... sounds like you were! I wish she could be there with you, and I know she does, too. She's there in spirit though while she watches her baby run! The best part is that you guys can watch her baby run on simulcast (I think!), and cheer her on!
PattyTx1

7/7/08

I wish we could cheer her horse on as a group, but her horse is running Saturday, and we are meeting on Sunday.  But I'll be with her in spirit.

Patty