The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

what's new, Fob Celebration, & upcoming   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 8/7/08 by drafthorsemd; 8 views.
drafthorsemd

8/7/08

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been here on ABR in awhile. I can't be everywhere at once.  But I did want to drop in with a few updates:

As of now, ALL the FoB sponsored "New Holland Five" horses are adopted out !!!!   The last to go was Sargeant, a big belgian who just was green and needed someone who didn't mind his giant size.  He lives just 3 miles away, so I see him often out in the fields. 

Equihab attended the FoB 2008 Celebration ( PHOTOS ).  Thank you for having us as your guest.   On Saturday we were allowed to bring horses, so we brought three Equihab horses, two of which were FoB saves: SweetPea Latte and Sasha.    THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much for everyone's support!  

Overall all is well at Equihab.  Our volunteers are working really hard to meet goals.   We're just working overtime to do fundraising before cooler weather sets in, so that we can buy enough hay.   We've updated our web site and will continue to add features over the next few weeks.    We also sponsor a new Equihab.INFO site to address reasons why horses may end up needing help from a rescue.     And don't forget our adopt-a-horse email list, to help horses who need homes find a new owner.

The horses are all doing well.  No injuries, illnesses, or deaths.   The economy is slower so adoptions are a little slower, but overall everyone is doing well. 

Latte aka SweetPea that sweet little pony is still up for adoption.  We've gotten all her care/shots/coggins/dental/farrier done, and we'll even deliver her to her new home at no charge.  Adoption fee of $200.  Please spread the word.  Latte deserves a good, forever home.  :-)

Come see all of our horses for adoption. www.equihab.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

FALL EVENTS :  Please come out to meet & support the Equihab horses...

Open meeting - this Friday Aug 8th 6pm, Cookery Restaurant, Rt 272/I-95 near North East Maryland

Sept 6th Sat: Our booth at singerly fire company's big indoor flea market.  Singerly Hall, 300 newark avenue, Elkton, MD from 8am - 1pm.  Tack & fundraising items for sale.

Sept 27 Sat: Yesterdays Festival asked us to return for the 3rd time to talk to the public about horses.  Our horse mascot, Smores, will be present so kids can meet and pet a pony for the first time.   North East MD    Saturday 10-4

Oct 4 Sat: Our booth at singerly fire company's big indoor flea market. 

October 19 Sunday - National Rescue Ride - Fair Hill, MD   (walk or ride)

October 25 Sat - Scavenger Hunt for the Horses  (exact time TBA). Ride through a special trail in Fair Hill park to pick up clues and win the scavenger hunt.  Special fall/halloween theme.

Nov 1 : Our booth at singerly fire company's big indoor flea market. 

Dec 6 : come see us again in the Cecil County Holiday Parade, main street (time TBA)

Dec 13:  2nd Annual Holiday Bazaar & Tack Sale, Cecil Community Center, Rising Sun, Maryland

...  and more events to be added as time goes on.

Please keep checking our calendar for events & information.

Thanks ABR members and FoBs for your ongoing support !!!

Sincerely,

May Snyder

The Equihab Foundation

hopelavender

8/7/08

Thanks for the update, May

It was nice to see you again at DP.!

Glad that the 5 have found homes and everyone is healthy.

:)

Christine