MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

18 Wheeler crashes with horses!   Anti Slaughter Issues

Started 8/25/08 by really920; 1 views.
really920

8/25/08

Annie there are photos but I can't see any DOT info or if it is a dd trailer???

2 Vehicle MVA ~ 18 Wheeler Rollover ~ Photos
DSCF1001-0001.jpgAt 12:55 am MedStat, ACFD, ACSO, KPD and MHP responded to a vehicle accident at Hwy 35 South and Hwy 19. Audio While en-route ACFD advised that the highway was full of  horses. Audio Upon arrival emergency personnel found that a 18-wheeler hauling horses was involved and had overturned. ACSO said that the 18-wheeler was coming from the sale in Carthage. Sheriff Lee also advised he was en-route to assist. Audio KPD officers arrived on scene to help with traffic and help gather horses. Dexter Dabbs' pasture was used to hold the horses as they were rounded up. Audio According to bystanders the driver of the SUV was from Louisville. It is believed that the SUV may have pulled in the the path of the oncoming 18-wheeler. They also advised that alcohol may have played a part in the accident but this is yet to be confirmed by officials on scene. MedStat transported one male subject from the SUV to Montfort Jones Hospital with unspecified injuries. At 2:54 am KPD officers were called to South Natchez also West South Streets for a report of even more horses. Click Here for Photos
1 Comments
Posted on August 24, 2008 @ 3:15 am by admin
Debra, WI (DebraWI)

8/25/08

You've got to be kidding!!
Lucille, please keep us posted on this.

Debra, WI - Americans Against Horse Slaughter

• Edited 8/25/2008 11:21 am ET by Debra, WI (DebraWI)
annielouky

8/25/08

Thanks Lucille,

from the looks of the under carriage, it's not a DD.

I will get someone on it right away, as I am at work.

Please keep us posted with additional info.

Annie

really920

8/25/08

Thanks, this comment was left on the article.  I have sent it to Chris and the HSUS gang to see if they can get someone on this as well.  If you find out where the horses are (if they are still there) etc.  Please let me know.

by Julie @ 25 Aug 2008 10:08 am
Yes Paul most of the horses did survive. However I have been told that many of the horses were injured and no vet was called. I am wondering why a vet wasn't called to help with the ones with injuries?

jcaramante

8/25/08

I'm going to agree with Annie. This trailer looks like a straight deck. Double deckers have the pot belly between the front and back tires. In fact killers don't call them double deckers but "Pots."

Julie

annielouky

8/25/08

What state did this happen in Lucille?

Annie

really920

8/25/08

The news station that reported it is Jacksonville MS

http://www.wlbt.com/global/story.asp?s=8892436

Attala County 08/24/08
18-wheeler carrying horses flips in Attala County

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 09:08 PM CDT

Updated: Aug 24, 2008 09:08 PM CDT

An 18-wheeler carrying up to 30 horses flipped over Saturday night in Attala County.

It happened just before 1:00a.m. at the intersection of Highway 35 South and Highway 19.

According to the Attala County Sheriff's Department,  the 18-wheeler and a Nissan SUV collided.

The driver of the SUV was taken to a nearby hospital with injuries.

Many of the horses escaped the 18-wheeler and had to be rounded up.

Two horses died as a result of the accident

annielouky

8/25/08

Since I saw the mention of Louisville (the driver of the SUV), and no state, I was freaking......AND we have a town called Carthage in KY.

Yes, why was no vet called?

Annie

really920

8/25/08

Yes that was confusing.  I just listened to the audio and an officer said something about a horse up on the hill injured and it was going no where... no specifics.

I just contacted a rescue friend in MS and she is trying to get some more info as well.

tkalti

8/25/08

I feel sick...not again.