The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Update - Stormy Brew CANTER Oh   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 9/5/08 by Chris (CANTEROh); 1 views.
Chris (CANTEROh)

9/5/08

I just got some photos of a horse that the FOB's gave us funds to retire from racing last year, Stormy Brew.  Stormy came from Beulah and retired at age 8 after 79 starts and $154K in earnings.  Unfortunately, he wasn't sound enough to be a riding horse and one of our volunteers adopted him and sent him to Claybank Farm in Lexington where The Exceller Fund has Eye Pea Oh.  I thought everyone would enjoy seeing these new photos of Stormy that I just got from Julie Householder.  He looks fat and happy! Julie said he is best buds with Eye Pea Oh and that it's really made a difference for Opie. She said Opie has really turned the corner since he hooked up with Stormy and hasn't had a single bout of colic since then.

Thanks to all the FOB's that contributed and enabled Stormy to retire from racing. He is no doubt enjoying the great Kentucky bluegrass. In fact, he looks like he's enjoying it a bit too much...  ;-)

StormyBrew003.jpg picture by bigredfan_photos

StormyBrew.jpg picture by bigredfan_photos

marygran

9/5/08

Thanks,Chris, he really looks happy and content! Now, we need to find a spot there for Bue! LOL!

Mary in MD

annielouky

9/5/08

Thanks for the update Chris. He looks wonderful and happy.

I am thrilled to hear that Opie has found a friend in Stormy.

Annie

In reply toRe: msg 3

9/5/08

Stormy does look happy! Thanks for the update.
MJ42903

9/5/08

What a sweet, happy face.
LAM232

9/5/08

Chris,

I am so thrilled for both Stormy and Opie. I have visited Opie and he has needed a really good pal for some time.

MARVELOUS news!

I am heading down to KY in October and will try to visit both of them then.

Linda

midknight1

9/5/08

Chris, I remember Stormy very well.  So glad that he and Opie have hooked up and are the best of buds.  Thanks to all who helped both of these boys to have a wonderful retirement. 

Jen