MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

EA: Keep 12 mares from the KB!   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Guest; 6 views.

9/8/08

Dear FOB Friends,

Twelve lovely brood mares were transported from a breeder’s ranch to another facility to be used as recipient mares.  The program fell apart quickly after they arrived.  The breeder does not want to pay to ship them back home, and he is downsizing his herd dramatically, so he contacted a KB to buy them.  The KB has already been out to see the mares and has made an offer.

I was alerted to the situation, and have offered to match the KB’s price to keep these mares from going to slaughter.  Rescuers are lined up to take them in.  

Funds needed: 12 mares @ $400/each = $4,800 

We have until the end of the day on Friday, Sep 12, 2008 to raise the funds to secure these mares (I am working diligently to get an extension).

To help, go to www.paypal.com and send funds to equineangel22@yahoo.com (please add 3% to cover PayPal fees).

Thank you for your continued support!

Shirley

http://alexbrownracing.com/wiki/index.php/Equineangel 

Please Note:  I can not release the location of the mares, nor their placement, until they have safely arrived. Unfortunately, there are individuals who read this forum who would like nothing better than to derail this rescue effort.  Since there is a KB waiting in the wings, it would be a death sentence for these mares. I appreciate your understanding.

• Edited 9/18/2008 4:00 pm by equineangel
In reply toRe: msg 1

9/8/08

PHOTOS

9.08 Mare 

9.08 Mare 

9.08 Mare 

9.08 Mare 

• Edited 9/8/2008 3:53 pm by equineangel
Msg 3 of 468 to GuestGuest 

9/8/08

Bumping and I do not know how much information photos can be posted without giving away too much information. Bumping for the horses and saving them from the KB.
Msg 4 of 468 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2
Dixie1711

9/8/08

BUMPing for the beautiful mares!!  What gorgeous horses - thank goodness you found out about these girls. 

Please help if you can. 

Dixie & Co. PLus 2

Msg 5 of 468 to GuestGuest 

9/8/08

Oh, my God, Shirley:   These mares are beautiful.....we can't let them go to slaughter.    I will paypal something on Friday when I get paid.

Msg 6 of 468 to GuestGuest 
CherylJone2

9/8/08

Hi, Shirley

I understand the importance for keep ing this as confidential as possible.   Just wondered if raising funds to send them back to their home is an option? 

I asked the person who sent me the notification if they were all bred and she said she asked the same question.   They look as though they are, with the exception of one or two. 

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!

Msg 7 of 468 to GuestGuest 
What a gorgeous group of horses...I am praying for their safety!
Msg 8 of 468 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 5

9/8/08

Thank you Jeanette!!

Shirley

9/8/08

Hi Cheryl,

The breeder does not want them back, and would just as soon sell them to the KB.

They were not supposed to have been bred - LOL!  Some of them have been brood mares for awhile (which may account for some of the "baby bellies").

Shirley

Msg 10 of 468 to GuestGuest 

9/8/08

Sent $25 plus pp fees.  Good luck!

Thanks, Deana