MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Auction for Bluff's Chiro/Accupuncture !   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by rebazgr2; 1363 views.
rebazgr2

9/9/08

A Natural Bluff (Bluff) is going to need at least 3 more chiropractic and accupuncture treatments. You can read about him on Horses Supported.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/alexbrown/messages?msg=27989.1

faceofbluff.jpg picture by gmott88

One Horse At a Time, Inc would like to raise $200 towards his treatments. We are going to auction off a New Bioenergiser-Classic-Detox-Foot-System that has been donated. See the pictures and detais at the following link.

http://www.bebeautiful.com/brand/bioenergiser.aspx?gclid=CLOG_PuY0JUCFQphswodM1AyiA

Starts the process of rebalancing your body's bio-energy. Effectively rebalancing the cells equilibrium of positive and negative ions which in turn, "kick starts" the dispersal of the unwanted toxins.

• Re-balancing and renewal of the cells ensures re-hydration resulting in optimum efficiency of their function to extract nutrients and dispose of unwanted waste.
  • The result will be renewed energy levels, both physical and mental, with a general feeling of well being
  • Experience total relaxation
  • Complete kit includes bowl, array, power supply, timer, control unit, 30 bowl liners, 100g low sodium salt, measuring spoon, nylon storage bags, instructional DVD

We would like to offer 3 chances to win this awesome "self treat" for a $20 dollar donation. All proceeds will go to Bluff's chiro/accupunture treatments. Please help us, help him start his new life.

To donate, go to www.onehorseatatimeinc.org and click on the Paypal button at the bottom of the page. Make a note that the donation is for Bluff's auction.

Please note, One Horse is an authorized non-profit in the state of Kentucky. Our 501 (c) 3 status is pending so donations my not be tax deductable at this time.

The drawing for the Foot System will be on Sept. 28. We will have Bluff pick the winner (and hope he doesn't eat it before we can read it, LOL) We'll get video!!

Thank you all so very much!

PreciousSOH

9/9/08

Bumping for Bluff
In reply toRe: msg 2
MMM2009

9/10/08

This is an awesome prize - our raffle will end on 9/28 - so get your chances in!

To donate, go to www.onehorseatatimeinc.org and click on the Paypal button at the bottom of the page. Make a note that the donation is for Bluff's auction.

midknight1

9/10/08

Gale, how is Bluff doing?

Jen

rebazgr2

9/10/08

He is doing very well mentally. Very loving and settling in well to whatever Susanna asks of him. Physically, it is up and down. After the last chiro/accupunture he continued to improve for several days and then came up lame one morning. Susanna thinks he had a "wild Night", LOL. I believe Dr Arnoldo was supposed to be out yesterday again. I will try and reach Susanna. Penny and I will be visiting him this weekend and get a more robust report (and PICS!!!)
In reply toRe: msg 5
rebazgr2

9/10/08

Bump for our boy!!
In reply toRe: msg 5
MMM2009

9/10/08

Hey there - should have an update from Susanna soon on Bluff.  One Horse has the funds for one of his treatments, thanks to the generosity of the wonderful Fans of Barbaro.

We've been asked to take on the funding of an operation for another OTTB - Roger, who has been donated to the Secretariat Center.  Roger has bone chips in his ankle and needs them removed.  The vet has reduced the fee from $1,600 to $1,000 and the members of One Horse are madly scrambling at raising money for the operation.  We've been assured that once Roger has this relatively minor (but expensive surgery, that after about 2 months of stall rest, that he will be absolutely sound and can then be transitioned to a hunter/jumper and find the perfect forever home.

Roger just came in last week - surrendered by Mother and daughter who purchased him off the track - as a financial prospect (read - retrain & sell) - apparently - his bone chips nixed that idea so they donated him to Secretariat Center - who was unaware of the bone chips until they had him x-rayed!  If we can't raise the $$ for Roger's surgery - he'll be returned to the people who donated him - and heaven knows what will happen to him.

Other than knowing he is about Bluff's size and coloring - that's all we know about him at the moment.  Four of our members are hurredly putting together yard sales in the next 10 days (myself included - good way to de-clutter the house), one member has solicited a first grade class - the class is going to make ornaments to sell for Roger's surgery and are very excited at the prospect of being "foster parents" - One Horse will be supplying the children with equine educational material so that in addition to a fundraising activiity, the children can learn something about basic equine care, the role of the horse today, etc.  We're excited about that - because education is one of our core missions.  Several other members are working on long-term fundraising efforts. Once we have more definite information about Roger and pictures, we'll be doing another Raffle for him.

The bottom line is we've found ourselves with two OTTB boys!  Both who have special needs at the moment.

So, if you'd like to help Bluff out, buy a raffle ticket or two and good luck!  The foot spa is a wonderful thing!  I ought to know - I donated it!  LOL!

To enter the raffle - go to www.onehorseatatimeinc.org (our website) where you can find the paypal button.

Good Luck to all who enter!

Thank you again!

midknight1

9/10/08

I hope the money can be raised for Roger.  Let us know if we can try to help. 

Jen

MMM2009

9/10/08

We certainly will do that!  We'll be posting a separate thread for Roger when we have more details, pictures, etc. We're also hoping the vet can be paid in  installments, which is why we're doing the additional fundraising for Bluff's chirpractic/acupuncture care - so that will free up some of our limited funds (sigh) for Roger.

Thank you all again for your interest and support.  I plan on seeing Mr. BLuff this weekend and will have new pics (Gale will have to post them - I'm terribly inept in that department)

In reply toRe: msg 9
rebazgr2

9/11/08

Morning bump for Bluff! Please help us get him his so needed chiro and accupunture treatments! Thank you!