Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

URGENT: HFH hit by IKE, Need Help Now   Horse Rescue Issues

Started 9/14/08 by Guest; 608 views.

9/14/08

in addition to the info at their website, I've also been advised that they lost ALL OF THE HAY they had in reserve. OY. Please help if you can. CJ

crossposting info rec'd via email

Jerry Finch, President of Habitat for Horses, reports that the ranch has suffered extreme damage at the hand of Hurricane Ike. Shelters have been destroyed as well as their new barn and ALL OF THEIR HAY HAS BEEN LOST TO THE STORM!!!

Thankfully, no horses or people were injured!! The best way we can help Habitat to recover is to send a financial contribution so that they can begin to rebuild and replace what has been lost.

Please read Jerry's update below and visit the HfH website to donate and for updates on the recovery efforts.

http://www.habitatforhorses.org/

from their website

Hurricane Ike Update from the President

9/13/2008 p.m. Update

Massive destruction on Galveston! Galveston Island closed except for emergency personnel. The mainland area, including Hitchcock has suffered extensive damage. Once the humans have been cared for and removed from danger, we will be contacted. At this point we are without power and potable water. Cell phones are sporadic.

The ranch suffered extensive damage to shelters, fencing, feed room, and the new barn. All will take a great amount of repair. Any financial assistance you can give will be greatly appreciated. This is a major blow to our organization. Jerry

Extensive repairs will be needed to fix/replace the damaged structures any donations would be appreciated.

http://www.habitatforhorses.org/getinvolved/donatenow.html

added on edit - HfH WIKI link

http://alexbrownracing.com/wiki/index.php/Habitat_for_Horses

• Edited 9/14/2008 10:58 am ET by CJaffe1
In reply toRe: msg 1
kckellsbells

9/14/08

Bumping for HfH!
Msg 3 of 201 to GuestGuest 
MJ42903

9/14/08

Thanks CJ
Msg 4 of 201 to GuestGuest 
brend121

9/14/08

I just pay paled $53 to help......let's make sure we FOB's help Jerry and the horses - he is always there to help everyone.........I was glad to hear that no one was hurt.

Marie from NJ

Msg 5 of 201 to GuestGuest 
MaryLOhio
Host

9/14/08

From HFH Website:

Hurricane Ike Update from the President
9/13/2008 p.m.

Massive destruction on Galveston!  Galveston Island closed except for emergency personnel.  The mainland area, including Hitchcock has suffered extensive damage.  Once the humans have been cared for and removed from danger, we will be contacted.

At this point we are without power and potable water.  Cell phones are sporadic.  The ranch suffered extensive damage to shelters, fencing, feed room, and the new barn.  All will take a great amount of repair.  Any financial assistance you can give will be greatly appreciated.  This is a major blow to our organization.

Jerry

Extensive repairs will be needed to fix/replace the damaged structures any donations would be appreciated. Click here to donate.

Other Donations needed:

Hay (Coastal - This Years - Horse Quality Only)

Please contact:
www.foster@habitatforhorses.org if you can donate these supplies.

(because of the emergency situation of this organization, I will let your wiki slide CJ)

HFH Wiki Page: Habitat for Horses

9/14/08

you know what I always say - like Jessica Rabbit, it's the way I'm drawn! (Jewish Mother, Boy Scout Leader Father - how ELSE should I be, haha!)
Msg 7 of 201 to GuestGuest 
MaryLOhio
Host

9/14/08

I edited the title to make it Urgent also CJ..  as it is a very urgent situation for them...  Hope that was ok!!

9/14/08

I thought that exposing the emergency needs of a recognized rescue didn't require me to have a WIKI - Mary - I will try posting the HfH WIKI on edit in my post 1, and if it doesn't work would you please post their WIKI on this thread? THANK YOU!

9/14/08

wonderful - thank you Mary. I see you did post the H4H WIKI link. Am also editing my post 1 to include the link.

http://alexbrownracing.com/wiki/index.php/Habitat_for_Horses

Msg 10 of 201 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 8
MaryLOhio
Host

9/14/08

I said that on the bottom of my post that I was overlooking the wiki for you, because of the emergency situation for HFH CJ, was in little font so you might have missed it

Thank you for starting this, I was pondering doing it myself after seeing footage of the area on Hurricane channel this morning

• Edited 9/14/2008 10:55 am ET by MaryLOhio