Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

EA Update - FOB Adopted Horses   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 9/15/08 by Guest; 5 views.

9/15/08

Below is an update on four previously slaughter-bound horses, that were rescued and adopted by FOB Amy.

Shirley
http://alexbrownracing.com/wiki/index.php/Equineangel

"Mama and her baby Jiggy.  It took Mama a long time to realize that we really are nice people and that she's always going to be safe here.  She'll let me pet her and brush her (if I insist) but she really only acts like my friend at feeding time :)  She has been a very good Mom and I'll catch her watching over all the horses at night, standing watch while the others are lying down sleeping.   She really is a good girl.  Jiggy is getting so big and is always looking for trouble.   She is mischevous and I think she does it just to keep me on my toes.  This summer has been crazy hot, and anytime it gets a little bit cooler, they love to run and run and run.  Jiggy leaves everybody else in the dust.  It's hard to get a good picture of her because she's always following me around too close.

Ernie was one of the yearlings rescued in 5/07.  When we headed to Vegas, we only planned on bringing back a mare and foal, but the nice ladies who were fostering several of the yearlings talked us into bringing him home too.   He lost a couple of unnecessary parts earlier this year and is as sweet as can be. 

We adopted Ace from Valley View Ranch Equine Rescue in June.  He is gorgeous and is sooooo well behaved.  He reportedly had about 6 weeks of training before coming to us and we are planning to restart it in the near future.   He is such a loving boy and loves butt scratches.   The couple who delivered him here said he behaved better than the $100,000 horse with him in the trailer, and they could not believe he was a feedlot rescue."

• Edited 9/15/2008 11:42 pm by equineangel
In reply toRe: msg 1

9/15/08

Feedlot Rescue 4.25.07
MOM & JIGGY - BEFORE 

Adopter Amy - Mom & Jiggy 
MOM & JIGGY - AFTER

Adopter Amy - Ernie
ERNIE - AFTER

Adopter Amy- Ace
ACE - AFTER  

• Edited 9/15/2008 11:46 pm by equineangel
Msg 3 of 6 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2
forestandcod

9/16/08

They look great!

9/16/08

Amy has done wonders with these guys!

Mom, Jiggy & Ernie were in pretty rough shape when she got them.  They are the picture of health & contentment now :)

Shirley

Msg 5 of 6 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2
midknight1

9/16/08

Fantastic!  Jiggy looks like a minnie me of momma - so cute!  Ernie looks wonderful too.  Please give my best to Amy :)

Jen

Msg 6 of 6 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 5
Dixie1711

9/16/08

Isn't it wonderful what TLC will do (feed, hugs and kisses).  LOL.

I'm sure Amy knows how lucky she is that these horses chose her.

Dixie & Co. Plus 2