MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

FOBs are the most generous people..   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by betonbill; 3 views.

12/11/06

Thank you, what a great idea.

I am setting up a giant "Christmas Stocking" for every animal (okay, so it's in cardboard boxes instead of stockings. LOL) on Joe's place at TB Friends.

With the help of the Friends of TB Friends group, which I am PROUD to be a member of, I found out what all he has in his animal family. Of course, I also included treats for Joe and Cathy too. What started out to be one box, soon became one for the animals and one for Joe and Cathy. Well, so far I am up to one box for Joe and Cathy and two BIG ones for all the animals and there are still a couple things not here yet.

I really had fun in the horse section of Farm and Fleet. I never knew there were so many kinds of horse treats. Naturally I bought some of each kind, plus, mints and gingersnaps-and that is just for the horses.

I got goofy, there is enough of everything so that every animal can have a few of everything.

I was shocked to see that I could buy horseshoes there. Naturally I had to have one. LOL I always thought a farrier brought those with on the visits. The girl at the counter didn't even know the store sold them. LOLOL

In addition to that, I am joining in the fund Friends of TB Friends has going to purchase new panels for round pens for Joe.

I know you all know about our MO Horses, and I'm sure you all know about Shiloh's rescues.

Thanks for starting this thread. What a fun way to share our Horsey Christmas plans.

Msg 3 of 51 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2

12/11/06

I sent out a package to Joe & Cathy via UPS on Sat. In it was a hay wreath with silk flowers, a box with all the ingredients to make Momma's Rich Man Pie, extra pecans from Louisiana, Lourdes medallions, & some cash to use for the horses.

Cora, I still owe you pix of the wreath...they are on my desktop...L

In reply toRe: msg 2
betonbill

12/11/06

I know that the MO people have their own thread, but instead of wading through everything, why can't somebody give us a synopsis of what they did with the stockings, etc.  Let's get everything on this one holiday thread so that we can pat ourselves on our backs.  Happy holidays, everybody.
Msg 5 of 51 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 3

12/11/06

I can't wait to see it. I know it's beautiful.
Gannonrose

12/11/06

Hi all,

I am very happy to say that the Christmas Stocking for the Staff of NBC and Life Saver wreath are on their way to NBC for Wednesday's Christmas Party.  Picture cards of each of the horses with Christmas designs and names of those who sponsored each horse are in the stocking. Those who contributed to the General Fund have their names in cards with group pictures of the horses. A few comments by the sponsors about what the project meant to them were copied to cards and also placed in the stocking. A wreath of Life Savers also comes with the stocking and the stocking will be hung beneath the wreath. There is also a framed letter from Earlene Cole from Longmeadow Ranch thanking Fans of Barbaro who sponsored the horses and telling the staff of NBC that it was done in their honor.

You can see pictures of the wreath and read the letter under the MO Mama Xmas Sponsors for NBC Staff thread, posts 2253.297 and 2253.298.  I also have pictures of the finished stocking and cards but don't have download space left in my name. If anyone can help me post them, let me know.

Here is a cute story about the hand made stocking.  Amish ladies from Iona's Quilt Shoppe donated their time and talent to make this one of a kind stocking. I gave them a picture, but they said it wasn't the leg Barbaro broke, so they created a new pattern so the right hind leg was the stocking. Then they sent one of the girls to a horse farm down the road from the shoppe and she measured an actual horse's hind leg so the measurement was accurate. The ladies are so cute. They have followed Barbaro since his injury, so they were thrilled to make the stocking. They put gold jingle bells all over it, it sounds so merry. They even have one bell on Barbaro's hoof !!!

I hope this project filled everyone's heart with as much Christmas Joy as it did mine. Thanks to all who made this a special Christmas for those miracle horses!!!

Rosemary

• Edited 12/11/2006 1:09 pm ET by gannonrose

12/11/06

Send them to me Rosemary. I'll add them the the MO Horses gallery that we are building.
Msg 8 of 51 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 7
Gannonrose

12/11/06

How many do you have now Cora, I think I sent you eight.

Rosemary

12/11/06

That's correct. I have 8 so far. I have plenty of space, so don't worry about how many you send. When you send the last of what you have now, let me know. I'll make sure I have the same number of pictures you do, then set up the gallery.
Msg 10 of 51 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 9
Gannonrose

12/11/06

That's great. I will send more tonight.

Rosemary

Msg 11 of 51 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 3

12/11/06

If you don't mind .. add the photo of the wreath to your post .. I'd love to see how it turned out.