The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

LILY - SAVED FROM CHINO FEED LOT   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 12/12/08 by EqWBR (ChristineG17); 5 views.
jamielsg

12/14/08

Christine...........Lily looks beautiful! I was thinking of her and Baby Bill just recently.  Thanks for the upbeat report on them.  Merry Christmas to you and your husband and all the animals.  Jamie
EqWBR (ChristineG17)

12/14/08

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for checking in on her.  It's nice to know that she is in peoples thoughts.  Kind of like having aunts and uncles....

Happy Holiday's

In reply toRe: msg 7
EqWBR (ChristineG17)

12/14/08

Oh how exciting.  Here is a picture from today.  This is so awesome.

jamielsg

12/15/08

Lily has come a long way! I remember when Baby Bill had strangles......so glad he is healthy and growing.  Lily looks very lovely with her saddle...........thank you for the picture.  Jamie
EqWBR (ChristineG17)

12/16/08

She will get a break from training for the next couple days.  Our first real winter storm.  Rain and cold weather.  By Wed. night it is supposed to only be 33 degrees.  Glad she has a nice thick winter coat. 

I will post more pics from time to time so everyone can see how she is doing.

Happy Holidays!

EqWBR (ChristineG17)

12/27/08

New pictures.  John was able to mount, sit on and dismount from Lily.  And she got her feet trimmed for the first time.  Just wanted to include pics.

8.jpg all smiles...until I come off picture by alcornje-bucket

Lilysfirsttrim.jpg Look Ma, no hands image by alcornje-bucket

She is doing so well. 

Happy Holidays to all.

really920

12/27/08

Thanks Christine for the pictures.  It is a joy to see Lily doing so well.  How is her baby do you still have him (I think it was a him?)  Are you keeping them?  Just think about the 2 of them a lot because they were so scared of people.  Especially Lily.
jamielsg

12/27/08

I am so proud of Lily! She is really making tremendous progress thanks to you and John.  She's a remarkable girl. Thank you so much Christine! Jamie
EqWBR (ChristineG17)

12/27/08

Dr. Bill is doing fine.  He has a little bit of a cold after all the rain and now the cold weather we are having here.  His eyes are a little gooey, but he gets his ointment twice a day to clear it up.

He a love bug.  I wish I could find someone local to adopt him.  I haven't had any luck so far. 

Right now he is schedule to head for Three Strikes Mustang Outpost in Neb.  Since he is young, Jason will have no problems training him and adopting him out. 

He hasn't learned any bad habits yet and loves people.  Both he and Lily will make great horses. 

I will be sure that Jason has a complete history on Dr. Bill and I am hoping to be able to send him some money each month to help pay for his care and feeding. 

Even though we can't take him with us when we move, I want to be sure he still gets what he needs until he gets an adoptive home. 

Msg 15 of 22 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 14
EqWBR (ChristineG17)

1/10/09

I can't beleive it is the 10th of January already....  

I wanted to update all on Lily's progress.  There is a small group who likes to follow her progress. 

After reading many of the current threads today, I think some good news is in order.

Lily has been ridden about 4 times now.  It was a little windy today so I don't know if that affects her mind-set in this training process.  I know I won't get on a horse during a Santa Ana wind - last time I did, I ended up in the emergency room....

Lily looks so good in the pictures John sends.  I am hoping to get down there to see here this next week. 

Here is the photo for the day:

coleen3.jpg Which way did John go???? picture by alcornje-bucket

Hardly any pressure on the rein for her to turn, that is so awesome. 

I am so glad that the Kill Buyer chose to sell her rather then send her to slaughter.  She is going to live a useful life now.  She is getting lots of love and attention and deservedly so.  I am proud of her.