The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

FrogPond: Dylan and Biggie Arrival   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 12/23/08 by MaryLOhio; 21 views.
MaryLOhio
Host

12/23/08

Arrived 12/22

DSCF4729.jpg picture by MaryLOhio  DSCF4730.jpg picture by MaryLOhio

DSCF4731.jpg picture by MaryLOhio  DSCF4733.jpg picture by MaryLOhio

DSCF4734.jpg picture by MaryLOhio  DSCF4735.jpg picture by MaryLOhio

DSCF4736.jpg picture by MaryLOhio  DSCF4737.jpg picture by MaryLOhio
FjordFan

12/23/08

What a handsome pair. Love the pictures.
Linda
KathyElm

12/23/08

I've never noticed before...but I have ever since my own big girl arrived.....but elgians have the cutest....sweetest faces! OMG....they are beautiful.

12/23/08

Love the new pictures! They look so sweet!! Just want to give them a big 'ol hug!!
Merry Christmas guys!
Stephanie
really920

12/24/08

DSCF4737.jpg picture by MaryLOhio

WHERE ARE THEY GOING?

KathyElm

12/24/08

LOL @ "where are they going?"

They're going exploring....LOL...

I have fallen in love with Belgians because of Miss Paddy....their faces are precious!

really920

12/24/08

Maybe a little camera shy!!!  Too funny : )

12/24/08

LOL...they had eaten and were tired of all the pictures I was taking.  So they decided to head for the round bale!
Msg 9 of 19 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 8
MaryAinMI

12/24/08

They are beautiful, beautiful, Lisa!

Merry Christmas to you!

Edited to add:  Just read your thank you in The Horse magazine - you were able to place two thanks to their featuring horses available for adoption on their website.  Very cool!

• Edited 12/24/2008 9:09 am ET by MaryAinMI

12/24/08

Thanks for posting for me Mary. 

This is my fav picture of Dylan.  He is really quite a ham.  I kept taking pictures and when he realized I wasnt there to actually catch him he couldnt stand it.  This is him coming to see what the crazy lady with that clickin thing was...

DSCF4731.jpg picture by MaryLOhio

Im still monitoring Dylan as Im not sure his eyesight is so great.  Seems nights are harder for him but he is an old guy and much to be expected.  Both he and Biggie move a bit stiff and we will add some extras to their feed once they decide our diet change is really okay to eat.  But they arent the first to do that.  I had so much feed wasted during our May group as we had a few of the bullies that had to check everyones bucket.  Well that wasnt the bad part....the bad part was that they felt the need to paw all the food onto t he ground (which was mud then) before realizing its all the same and moving on to the next bucket.  GRRR.  These guys dont paw...they just take those very small bites and look at you with those kid EWW SPINNACH faces as they chew.  Theyll get use to it though.  They both want very much to be your friend so thats a plus.  Auntie Janet has ordered them blankies so they will be warm and dry soon.  Because of their ages and the stiffness, they were able to boot our personal horses out of their winter field so they didnt have the hills to contend with.  I will continue to take new pictures and try and keep them updated.  Generally its just me handling everyones care so between feeding, cleaning stalls, disinfecting, answering emails and returning calls...I dont have time for much else.  But I promise I will try. 

Heres my favorite "group" shot thus far.  They really are a couple of old lookers!

DSCF4736.jpg picture by MaryLOhio

Merry Christmas Eve from:

Frog Pond Farm Drafts