Discussion

Capital Crime "Cappy"   Horse Rescue Updates

Started 12/24/08 by hdnhlyfm; 7 views.
In reply toRe: msg 26
Ponytale1976

9/28/09

Cappopottamus today:

cappypotomus.jpg picture by Ponytales1976
He looks great!  He is one that touched my heart.  I am so glad you were able to help him.  These TB's are such fighters.
murbay1

9/28/09

Look at that poochie poo. How cute is that!
Ponytale1976

9/28/09

Mine too and I still get upset everytime I think of his story. I really just hope that someday he will find his forever home. He has been with me for a year and a half, and no interest in him. We recently took his bar shoes and pads off and he is traveling pretty darn sound! I am hopeful that he will be able to be ridden a little bit and stay comfortable.
jamielsg

9/28/09

Wow Laurie.......as usual, you've done a wonderful job! Cappy looks like a different horse..........very healthy and happy as he should he.....Happy Cappy:)

Jamie

KYsally (kwsally)

9/28/09

He looks wonderful Laurie - good job!

XXOO

CherylJone2

9/29/09

I wouldn't recognize him as the same horse as that sad guy you took in last year.   He looks absolutely great.   
DeeMacLaren

9/29/09

Thanks Laurie......Cherokee is a very laid back boy. I make up his stall and toss the bags on him where they stay until they fall off. He is relatively spook proof and easy to be around. He is curious and interested in everything. He is territorial about mares and will scoop up them both and send Cat running. Cat thought he was top horse! Cherokee is great with geldings and great with mares, just not both at once. He needs training but I think he is going to be a great spook resistant horse if what I have seen is true of his nature. Training is the big hurdle for him. The lady I want has been booked all year and I am getting ready to try to get Cat to training with Laurie, if I can find a reasonable fee for transport or beg/borrow the equipment to get him there. I feel sure that he will do well with Laurie and I may have to steal this character back. He is also a big ham. He tosses his head and acts goofy if he thinks anyone else is going to get food first....and since he was starved (probably a 3) he has reason to be a little bit of a guardian of his food. He will pin ears and kick at any horse nearing his stall but won't kick or act out with me.  Cherokee is in line for finding a trainer but if anyone has any ideas I'm wide open to them. We are in Va.
DeeMacLaren

9/29/09

Cappopotomus reminds me of Catopotomus. Neither seems to be suffering from lack of feedings! LOL....I need to get a picture of my baby boy up for all to admire! I have been following his half siblings, three are racing.
Ponytale1976

9/29/09

Ha...I like Happy Cappy!